Enterprise Support Services
The Information Technology Enterprise Support Services Group ESSG is instrumental in supporting County-wide as well as departmental business solutions from infrastructure architecture and design to application implementation and support.
The County’s Enterprise Resource Planning Human Capital Management (HCM) solution continues to evolve and we are committed to leveraging our investment by introducing new modules and functionality to streamline business processes across the Enterprise.
The Systems Team maintains state-of-the-art storage arrays, blade servers, virtualization and provides Disaster Recovery solutions.
The Web team promotes Citizen Engagement via the County Website which is continually evolving along with Social Media technologies to ensure Citizens can easily find and accomplish tasks effectively and efficiently. Employee engagement is promoted via internal websites to promote inter-departmental synergies via information and idea collaboration.
The group is led by Michael Spak, Information Technology Manager, and consists of the following support areas:
Automated County On-line Resource Network (ACORN) Application Support Team
Business and application analysts support the county–wide Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution:
- PeopleSoft Support and Enhancements
- UNIX Operating System Administration
- Oracle Database Administration
- Business Continuity Operations
Systems Services Team
- County's Email
- Web Conferencing
- Server Infrastructure
- Storage Array Administration
- Windows System Administration
- Enterprise-class Storage Area Network (SAN) Administration
- Disaster Recovery Architecture and Operations
Web and Business Process Solutions
Web, Application and Business Analysts support a variety of applications:
- County's Public Website
- County's Employee Engagement Website
- Departmental Solutions Requiring Web Enablement
- Business Process Automation
- Revenue Services' Collection System
- County-Wide Financial Systems
- Environmental Health, Public Health and Animal Control Solutions
- Application and Consultation Services to County Departments
Enterprise Systems Catalog
Senate Bill 272 was chaptered into law on October 11, 2015 amending the California Public Records Act.
Section 6270.5 was added to the Government Code and mandated that all Local Agencies publish a Catalog of Enterprise Systems by July 1, 2016 and update it annually..
Enterprise Systems Catalog - SB272