Air Pollution Control
The Air Pollution Control District (APCD) is a special district created by state law to enforce local, state and federal air pollution regulations. Our vision is to achieve and maintain clean air standards throughout Placer County. In April 2000, the Board of Directors adopted the APCD's Mission Statement.
Map to the District's Offices
News, Events, and Information
Per the District Chairperson, Jennifer Montgomery, and the APCO, Tom Christofk, the December 12, 2013, meeting of the Board of Directors of the Placer County Air Pollution Control District has been cancelled. The next meeting of the District Board of Directors will be held on February 13, 2014.
- Placer County 2012 Triennial Progress Report Update, adopted on October 10, 2013
- Adopted Rule 604 Source Test Observation and Report Evaluation was adopted by the District Board of Directors on October 11, 2013. This rule establishes fees for different categories of tests and test report evaluations. Please see the Staff Report for more information. To see the adopted rule click here.
- The Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District Board of Directors Meeting Scheduled for August 22, 2013, has been cancelled. The public hearing on 2013 Revision to the Sacramento Regional 8-Hour Ozone Attainment and Reasonable Further Progress Plan (Plan) is continued to September 26, 2013. Please click (here) to access the public hearing information.
- Public Hearing on the 2013 Revisions to the Sacramento Regional 8-Hour Ozone Attainment and Reasonable Further Progress Plan The Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District (SMAQMD) will hold a public hearing to receive comments and adopt the “2013 Revisions to the Sacramento Regional 8-Hour Ozone Attainment and Reasonable Further Progress Plan” (Plan). This hearing will be conducted on behalf of the air districts in the Sacramento Federal Ozone Nonattainment Area, including the Yolo-Solano Air Quality Management District, the Feather River Air Quality Management District, the Placer County Air Pollution Control District, and the El Dorado County Air Quality Management District. The revised Plan, its associated appendices, and the deadline for comments can be found from the SMAQMD website.
- Approved Final Budget Fiscal Year 2013-2014
- File a Complaint Online
- Hearing Board Recruitment: The District is seeking a medical professional to fill a vacancy on the Variance Hearing Board. Click here for a copy of the notice and here for an application.
- Placer County Chipper Program Information (.pdf)
To read a PDF document, you need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader PDF software
on your computer. If you don't have it installed, you may download it from the Adobe website.
Adobe provides detailed instructions on downloading and installing the free reader.
The District office is located at
Building Fact Sheet - 2013 530-745-2330 Fax 530-745-2373
110 Maple Street, Auburn CA 95603