Skip to content
King Fire Update: The King fire which started on September 13th in El Dorado County near Pollock Pines, CA, has grown to more than 18,000 acres and has crossed into Placer County on National Forest lands. More »

Radiation and Your Health

Updated 2/11/14

The District has no official role regarding radiation. This web page provides web links to sources for additional information on the issue.

  • California Department of Health Services, Frequently Asked Questions on Radiation

  • EPA Environmental Radioactivity (RadNet) in the United States: RadNet is a national network of monitoring stations that regularly collect air, precipitation, drinking water, and milk samples for analysis of radioactivity.

  • California Department of Public Health: The central information line for questions about radiation and exposure in California is 916-341-3947. The CDPH also has a useful set of FAQs concerning radiation from the Japanese nuclear plants.

  • California Emergency Management Agency: For updated information on monitoring, response and relief efforts in California and Japan.

  • The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency: For radiation facts, and information on EPA's radiation monitors.

  • The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission: For information on nuclear regulation and protection in the U.S.

  • Federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: For information on protective measures.

  • California Air Response Planning Alliance (CARPA): A website maintained by the California Air Resources Board. CARPA is a network of local, state, and federal air and public health agencies and resources.

  • American Nuclear Society: Radiation Dose Chart, allows you to calculate your own individual daily radiation dosage.

  • Top