Placer County Office of the Assessor
The Assessor’s Office is responsible for administering the County property tax assessment program. Revenues from property tax assessments benefit the public by funding public schools and services provided by the County, cities, and special districts.
The mission of the Assessor's Office is to:
- Complete all statutorily mandated property tax assessments as a means to fund government services.
- Complete all assessment responsibilities at the least possible cost to the public, in a timely and responsive manner that reflects quality, integrity, and fairness.
- Strive to be a source of accurate and timely property information for local government and the community.
Assessor staff perform the following functions:
- Complete annual and supplemental assessment rolls for all property in the county that is subject to local assessment.
- Perform business property audits to ensure compliance and equalization of business property assessments.
- Provide property information for local government, property owners, and the business community.
For additional information, please contact us Monday-Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.