Job Seeker Resources
Auburn & Roseville Connections are self-directed resource centers for job search, career exploration, and additional services including:
- Computers with Internet access, word processing software, and typing tutorials
- Telephone, fax, and copy machine
- Workshops on various career development topics
- Reference library for resume writing, interviewing, and job search
- Information on training providers and programs
- Internet job listings: CalJOBS and VOS (Virtual One Stop, for job seekers and employers.)
- Information on and referral to community service agencies
- Career assessments and skills testing
- Unemployment Insurance
- Labor Market Information for California
- Veterans Services
- Clean Slate Clinic (for removal of criminal records)
- Employer Recruitment Event
Clean Slate Clinic
Would you like to have a fresh start with a clean criminal history record?
Placer County's Business Advantage Network offers a Clean Slate Clinic monthly the first Wednesday of every month. Location to be announced.
Registration is required for this event.
Our next clinic will be held this:
Wednesday, October 7th, 2015 - 9 am to 12 pm
At: Placer County Employment Services
1000 Sunset Blvd, Suite 100
Participants may register by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants who are eligible to have their criminal records "cleaned", are those who:
- Have no pending charges
- Are not on parole or have completed at least half of their probation term
- Have documentation of their criminal record either through court records (if they have only 1-2 convictions and no other arrest) or RAP Sheet (preferable)
- All Fines, Fees and Restitution have been completely paid or will soon be.
- To determine if they have any outstanding fines, fees, or restitution, participants can call:
- Placer County Revenue Services: (916) 543-3900
- Sacramento County Revenue Recovery: (916) 875-7500
- El Dorado County Revenue Recovery: (530) 621-5780
Preparing for the Clean Slate Clinic:
- Participant must be Live Scanned
- Complete Live Scan request form (link)
- Find a Live Scan location (link)
- Get fingerprinted at Live Scan location
- Obtain RAP Sheet. The agency that does the Live Scan will send the request to the Department of Justice (DOJ) but the participant must ask them to.
You must have your RAP Sheet with you to be seen one on one by out attorney. Those who do not yet have their RAP Sheet may still register to attend the Informational Session of this clinic.
Click here for a printable flyer.
Taller Para Borrar Antecedentes Penales
¿Le gustaría tener un nuevo comienzo con un registro de antecedentes penales limpio?
El Departamento "Business Advantage Network" del Condado de Placer efectuara un Taller Para Borrar Antecedentes Penales en Junio.
Lugar: Servicios de Empleo del Condado de Placer
1000 Sunset Blvd Rocklin, CA
Miércoles, 24 de Junio 2015 de 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Requisitos: Para calificar para este taller el participante debe:
No tener cargos pendientes.
No estar bajo libertad condicional, o haber cumplido por lo menos la mitad del plazo.
Traer documentación de su registro penal ya sea por medio del tribunal (si tienen solo 1 o 2 condenas y ningún otro arresto) o su archivo de antecedentes penales.
Haber totalmentepagado todo honorario, multa y cobros de restitución, o se esperan pagar pronto.
Para determinar si tiene cualesquier multas, honorarios
o restitución pendientes, el participante puede llamar a:
Placer County Revenue Recovery: (916) 875-7500
Sacramento County Revenue Recovery: (916) 875-7500
El Dorado County Revenue Recovery: (530) 621-5780
Cómo Prepararse Para Este Taller:
El participante debe someterse sus huellas digitales (Live Scan).
Complete la solicitud para sus huellas digitales (enlace).
Encuentre un centro para dar sus huellas digitales (enlace).
Someta sus huellas digitales.
Obtenga su archivo de antecedentes penales. En centro que tome sus huellas enviará la solicitud al Departamento de Justicia (DOJ) pero el participante debe pedirles que lo hagan.
SE REQUIERE REGISTRO DE ANTEMANO PARA ASISTIR A ESTE EVENTO
Regístrese por correo electrónico al: email@example.com o llame al: 530-886-4657
Connections Center Locations
(Photo ID and Social Security Card required at first visit)
1919 Grass Valley Hwy. Ste. 100
Auburn, CA 95603
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 (lunch) 1:00 – 4:30 p.m.
115 Ascot Dr. Ste. 180
Roseville, CA 95661
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Computers Available 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Looking for a Job? Check out these resources
Job Connections: Placer County's Business Advantage Network connects job seekers with employers. Job Connections events are free monthly events where job seekers can meet company representatives face-to-face, learn about current job openings, and the company's hiring process. Learn more about upcoming hiring events.
Golden Sierra Connections Centers
Get help selecting a new career, finding a new job, and locating suitable education or training.
EDD Online Job CenterThe Employment Development Department (EDD) provides a comprehensive range of employment and training services in partnership with state and local agencies and organizations. These services, provided statewide through a One-Stop Career Center system benefit job seekers, laid off workers, youth, individuals currently working, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Professional Edge is a series of Forums and Workshops developed by California Employers Association (CEA ) for local Workforce Investment Boards (WIB) for unemployed professionals. Professional Edge Forums seeks to provide professionals with assistance during their career transition by offering weekly meetings focused on resources, skills and opportunities to successfully obtain employment.
California's Internet system for linking employer job listings and job seeker résumés.
Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC)
The WOTC program was created to:
- Help qualified job seekers find jobs.
- Help employers who hire qualified job seekers by offering them a tax credit.
If you qualify for one of the WOTC target groups, an employer who hires you may be eligible to receive a federal tax credit of up to $9,600.