KINGS BEACH, CALIF. – Placer County will host a series of public information forums in the Tahoe area to update residents and other interested parties on a variety of Tahoe issues. The first forum will be at the North Tahoe Event Center in Kings Beach on Tues., June 30, 2009, from 5:30 to 7:30.
“Tahoe is a special place to live, and its residents often have a unique perspective on their communities,” declared District 5 Supervisor Jennifer Montgomery. “As their representative I believe it is important for the county to hear what residents have to say about Tahoe issues.”
“We’re hoping to hear from the residents, visitors and others about these and any other topics about which the public would like to either be informed or express their opinion,” said County Executive Officer Thomas M. Miller. “This will be the first of several Tahoe forums over the next few months and I look forward to hearing about the issues that are of interest to the locals.”
The Kings Beach forum will include a presentation on the county budget and the delivery of county services, and updates on the Kings Beach Commercial Core Improvement Project and the related Community Enhancement Program (CEP), the status of site selection for the Placer County Government Center and a variety of other topics of interest.
Representatives from the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency, the North Tahoe Fire Protection District and the North Tahoe Public Utility District will be available to address these and other topics of interest, as well.
Additional meetings will be scheduled for this summer in other locales in the Tahoe area. Details about these meeting will be made available in the near future.
Potential topics for this and future Placer County Public Information Forums include:
- Broadband service in the Tahoe Basin;
- Earning business with Placer County;
- Conversion to the Interoperable Radio Network System;
- An update of the snow removal equipment storage ordinance;
- Tahoe Regional Plan update;
- Development of a biomass facility and the removal of biomass material from the area;
- Emergency response preparedness;
- The County Economic Development Strategic Plan;
- The Travel Industry Assessment;
- The Main Street Program;
- Public beach access;
- Squaw Valley Park plans;
- Code Enforcement;
- Regional recreation development plans;
- Replacement of the Burton Creek Justice Center;
- The Fire Hazard Abatement program;
- Delivery of Health and Human services in the Basin;
- Environmental Improvement Program projects; and
- Redevelopment efforts in Kings Beach and Tahoe City.
To offer comments or suggestions on the Placer County Public Information Forums, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The North Tahoe Event Center, located at 8318 North Lake Blvd., in Kings Beach, was formerly called the Kings Beach Community Conference Center.