- How should I notify Placer County that I would like to take a medical leave of absence
Submit to your supervisor as soon as possible:
- An original health care provider's note indicating the need for a leave of absence and the expected date of return from the leave of absence; and
- An original Employee Request for Leave form.
- What if I need to extend my medical leave?
You should submit to your supervisor as soon as possible:
- A new health care provider's note indicating the need for continued leave of absence and the expected date of return; and
- An employee Request for Leave form.
- What happens to my insurance benefits while on a medical leave?
- Paid Status (using sick/vacation/CTO/Management Leave accruals)
- Benefit premiums continue to be paid through the payroll process and all your benefits remain intact.
- Unpaid Status (off payroll)
- While you are on FMLA, Placer County will pay the employer share of health, dental and vision premiums for up to 12 weeks. You will be responsible for your normal employee share. The Personnel Department will notify you of premiums due
- If you are on a non-FMLA leave of absence, you may be responsible for both the employee and employer premiums. Please contact the Personnel Department at (530) 889-4060 for premium costs.
If you fail to return to return to work after the FMLA leave, Placer County will recover its share of health plan premiums paid during a period of unpaid FMLA leave