Skip to content
Placer County, CA
Return to Home Placer County
  • Jobs, Benefits, and Business

    Includes veterans' benefits, starting and running a business, unemployment, County job openings, and selling to the County.

  • Law and Justice

    Includes the courts, most wanted, law enforcement, child support enforcement, sealing record, victims' services, and jury duty.

  • Building, Property, and Home

    Includes planning, building codes and permits, owning and renting a property, and property tax assessments.

  • Health and Family Care

    Includes child and adult health service, food stamps, foster care, mental health, in-home nurse, substance abuse, and child support.

  • Birth, Death, and Marriage

    Includes bereavement, certificates and vital records, and divorce.

  • Environment and Agriculture

    Includes air quality and burn days, garbage and recycling, sewer, conservation, and green energy financing.

  • Animal Services

    Includes adopting a pet, animal control, and local vets and shelters.

  • County and Government

    Includes information on the buildings, county, codes, departments, projects, representation, and voting.

  • Community and Recreation

    Includes activities and events, parks, museums, libraries, and volunteerism.

  • Taxes and Financial Reports

    Property taxes, business taxes, transient occupancy taxes, fines, and financial reports.

  • Transportation and Travel

    Includes passports, bus schedules, and road maintenance.

  • Safety and Emergency

    Includes forest fires and floods, emergency preparation, and emergency response.

Frequently Asked Questions

Building questions about code requirements, specifications or installs

The Building Division has Inspectors available to answer your detailed questions by calling 530-745-3100. In the event they are assisting another caller, please leave a detailed message so an Inspector can get back with you as soon as possible. To schedule a Building Inspection, please call 530-745-3020.

Dumping (of appliances, furniture, mattresses) on the side of the road or on private property

The Environmental Health Division is available to assist you with abatement of solid waste by calling 530-745-2300. If you witness the dumping, please report it to the Placer County Sheriff’s Office immediately at 530-889-7800. Try to provide a vehicle description and license number.

Abandoned vehicles on private property

 Code Enforcement offers an abandoned vehicle abatement program, and we can remove, at no charge to the property owner, up to five passenger vehicles (one ton or less) from a parcel. Beyond five, cases are reviewed individually and may incur additional charges. Please call our office regarding vehicles other than standard passenger cars/trucks, etc, as the County may still be able to remove for an additional charge. Complete the Abatement Form and submit it to the Code Enforcement Division.

  • For vehicles abandoned on public streets, please contact California Highway Patrol at 916-663-3344. Code Enforcement also offers a courtesy referral list of current independent vendors who service the abatement of junk, debris, tires, larger vehicles and equipment removal, mobile home relocation, and oil recyclers. 

Business activity in an area not zoned for such activity

While many types of home-based businesses are allowed in a residential zone district, the ability to protect the integrity of the neighborhood is very important to Placer County. Please call us or click on the following links for more information:


The Code Enforcement Division is complaint driven and responds only to written complaints (Complaint Form). Placer County encourages voluntary compliance realizing that some issues are not the same and timelines may vary. It is our intent to work with property owners within negotiated timelines to a mutually satisfactory resolution. If you have questions about a possible code violation, please email us at or call 530-745-3050.

Placer County also offers a dispute resolution service available to County residents. It may prove useful, especially in resolving disputes between neighbors. For more information please contact the Placer Dispute Resolution Service at 916-645-9260. For more information please access their website at