DIRECTIONS FOR OBTAINING SNOW LOAD & WIND INFORMATION
The elevation must be determined prior to obtaining the snow load.
The elevation can be obtained from Google Earth by following the below steps:
1. Type the address in the “Fly To” field.
2. Hit the magnifying glass.
3. Fly to the typed address where the square box is located on the screen.
4. Move the cursor to the inside of the box.
5. The coordinates and the elevation will be displayed at the bottom center of the screen.
Now that the elevation has been determined, go to the Placer County Code web page containing the snow load charts.
1. Please read all information pertaining to Snow Load Charts and Wind Speed (this information is located about three-quarters down the page).
2. There is also other useful design information listed.