Environmental Health Wins Statewide Awards
On November 28, 2017 Placer County Environmental Health received Board of Supervisors’ recognition for receipt of two recent awards recognizing the county’s work to ensure kitchen safety for mass food preparation, like preparing meals for homeless and emergency sheltering. The NACO (National Association of Counties) Excellence Award and the Excellence in Environmental Health Award from CCDEH (California Conference of Directors of Environmental Health) demonstrate Placer County’s continuing commitment to ensure food safety. Placer County partners with nonprofits to ensure kitchen safety for mass food preparation. For more information, click this video link https://vimeo.com/217093803.
Our mission is to protect the health and safety of the community from potential hazards present in our everyday environment. Food, drinking water, garbage, sewage, and hazardous chemicals, are just some of what we monitor on a daily basis. +more
Our Specialists are responsible for:
- Inspecting restaurants, public pools and spas, and body art facilities.
- Inspecting commercial facilities storage and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Inspecting commercial underground and above ground chemical storage tanks.
- Participating in contaminated site clean up.
- Inspecting active and closed landfills, transfer stations, and facilities which produce waste tires.
- Overseeing private and public water well installation.
- Overseeing septic system installation.
- Regulating small public water suppliers to ensure safe, clean water.
We also respond to and investigate incidents and complaints regarding:
- Food Poisoning
- Sewage spills
- Chemical spills
- Substandard housing
- Illegal Dumping
American Public Health Association: Environment • Health • You from Lila Films on Vimeo.