Book Clubs, Classes & Events
5/26/16 - Tech Class: “New Trends in Social Media:” Linked In, Twitter, Slack, and many more. Thursday, May 5 from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. at Kings Beach Library. Call 530-546-2021 to sign up.
5/26/16 - Book Club: Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George. Thursday, May 26 from 4:00-5:00 p.m. Applegate Library
5/31/16 - Book Club: All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. Tuesday, May 31 from 5:00-5:50 p.m. Meadow Vista Library.
6/7/16 - Picture Book Chat: Not Just for Kids Picture Book Chat. (Ongoing event) 1st Tuesday of the month from 5:15-5:45 p.m. at Colfax Library.
6/9/16 - Book Club: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. Thursday, June 9 from 2:00 -3:00 p.m. Rocklin Library
6/23/16 - Tech Class:“ Instagram” Learn about this fun photo sharing/messaging tool. Thursday, June 23 from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. at Kings Beach Library. Call 530-546-2021 to sign up.
7/9/16 - Tech Class: "Organizing Email: Folders, Groups, Contacts" Saturday, July 9 from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. at Foresthill Library. Call ahead to sign up: 530-367-2785.
7/14/16 - Book Club: Looking for Alaska by John Green. Thursday, July 14 from 2:00-3:00 p.m. Rocklin Library
8/6/16 - Tech Class: "Introduction to Microsoft Word (word processing)" Saturday, August 6 from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. at Foresthill Library. Call ahead to sign up: 530-367-2785.
8/11/16 - Book Club: The Girls of Atomic City: the untold story of the women who helped win World War II by Denise Kiernan. Thursday, August 11 from 2:00-3:00 p.m. Rocklin Library
9/8/16 - Book Club: Natchez Burningby Greg Iles. Thursday, September 8 from 2:00-3:00 p.m. Rocklin Library
9/10/16 - Tech Class: "Introduction to Microsoft Excel (spreadsheets)" Saturday, September 10 from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. at Foresthill Library. Call ahead to sign up: 530-367-2785.
10/1/16 - Tech Class: "Introduction to Microsoft PowerPoint (presentations)" Saturday, October 1 from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. at Foresthill Library. Call ahead to sign up: 530-367-2785.
- Silver Screen Classic Movies.Check the website for up to date information. Once per month at the Auburn Library.
- Open Mike for the Spoken Word. Fourth Saturday of each month from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. at the Auburn Library.
- Teens & Tweens: Check out Teen Space for ongoing Teen Events
- BOB (Based on the Book) Movie Series (for teens/tweens- grades 6 - 12): Come enjoy a free movie based on a book. Movies are PG-13 rated or lower. Moviegoers are encouraged to bring their own drinks & snack. 3rd Wednesday of each month from 3:15 -5:30 p.m. in the Auburn Library community room.
Books and Conversations
- GED Classes: Free drop-in class to prepare for the GED test. Tuesdays and Thursdays, April 12 - June 30 from 10:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m. at the Auburn Library. Instruction by Placer School for Adults. No charge. For more information, contact Angela at 530-886-4530.
- ESL Conversation Club: Practice English speaking skills, learn about American culture, get to know the community, and meet people from other cultures and countries. 11:00 a.m. - Noon, every Wednesday at Rocklin Library. No charge.For more information, contact Angela at 530-886-4530
- ESL Class for adults: Learn basic writing and pronunciation, American speech and culture. Tuesdays from 6:00 -8:00 p.m. at Rocklin Library. Starts April 5, 2016. Instruction by Placer School for Adults. No charge.For more information, contact Angela at 530-886-4530
- Not Just for Kids Picture Book Chat. 1st Tuesday of the month from 5:15-5:45 p.m. at Colfax Library.
- Booksales: See the Booksale Schedule for times and locations of all Placer County Friends of the Library Booksales.
- Book Clubs (in person): Check the Scheduled Events calendar (above) for library book club meetings
- Book Clubs (Online): Each month, the Kings Beach Library chooses a new book. Participants have a month to read the book and post comments online: KB Online Book Group. (The book choice is posted there as well.)
- Computer (Skills) Club: Learn computer skills at Colfax Library. Must pre-register. View flyer for details or call 530-346-8211.
- Drop-in Computer & eBooks Help. Fridays, 9:00-11:00 a.m. Penryn Library. No appointment necessary.
- eBooks by Appointment- Get help downloading eBooks. Call Rocklin Library or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- Drop-in Tech Help - Get help downloading eBooks and eAudiobooks to eReaders, Tablets, & Smart Phones. Thursdays 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. Applegate Library. No appointment necessary.
- One-on-One Computer Help. Colfax Library. Call for an appointment: 530-346-8211
- One-on-One Computer Help. Rocklin Library. Call for an appointment: 916-624-3133
- Drop In Computer Help. Kings Beach Library. 1st Thursday of each month, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- iPhone Support Group. Kings Beach Library. 3rd Thursday of each month, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Computer Q&A with an Expert. Kings Beach Library, 2nd Thursday of each month, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Drop-in Tech Help. Meadow Vista Library. Get help downloading eBooks and eAudiobooks to eReaders, Tablets, & Smart Phones. Wednesdays 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. No appointment necessary.
- Legal Self-Help Clinic, every Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - Noon at Sparks Law Library of Placer County. 1523 Lincoln Way, Auburn. For more information, call: 530-823-2573
Search the Library Catalog
Find books, audiobooks, eBooks & eAudio, DVDs and more
Access your Account
Renew, place holds, view checkouts