Sheridan Community Plan Update
The Board of Supervisors adopted the Sheridan Community Plan on January 6, 2015. There were some changes to the draft document that were recommended for approval by the working group, Sheridan MAC, and Planning Commission:
- Removed the United Auburn Indian Community of the Auburn Rancheria’s 1,178 acres of property north of Karchner Road from the Plan area as formally requested in a letter dated November 4, 2014. This reduced the proposed Community Plan area to 13,780 acres and matches the current Sheridan Municipal Advisory Council boundaries.
- Modified the proposed rezoning of a 33-acre of land previously zoned INP (Industrial Park) at the northeast corner of Sheridan Lincoln Boulevard and N. Nader Road from F-B-X 20 acre minimum (Farm, 20-acre minimum) to F-B-X 10 acre minimum (Farm, 10-acre minimum).
- Added new language regarding the desire to extend bus service to Sheridan as suggested by the Placer County Transportation Planning Agency.
- Added new language recognizing a significant portion of the Plan area south of the townsite is within the Lincoln Airport overflight zone and any new development in the area must comply with the requirements of the Placer County Airport Land Use Compatibility Plan.
- Maps that changed include: (Maps 4 and 6 didn't change)