First Time Homebuyer Program - Minimum Requirements
Placer County may have a limited amount of first time homebuyer loan funds available. Applications will be accepted when the applicant meets program requirements and is ready to make a home purchase. Depending on the availability of funds, loans will be provided to qualified applicants with a complete application on a first-come, first-served basis.
FUNDING IS LIMITED, NOT ALL APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE A LOAN
- You must be a first time home buyer (as defined in the Program Basics).
- You must be pre-approved for a first mortgage loan.
- You must have 3% of the total purchase price available at the time of application. These funds cannot be in the form of a loan.
- The eligible property must be located in unincorporated Placer County.
- The sales price cannot exceed $300,000.
If you currently meet the minimum requirements and would like to be considered for a loan, please read the Program Basics and complete the Program Interest Form. Mail it to Placer County Planning Services Division, 3091 County Center Drive, Auburn, CA 95603. If you have question or require additional information, please contact the Planning Services Division at (530) 745-3170 or email us.