Geographic Information and Zoning
GIS is used to enhance decision making and provide maps and information to the public and County agencies including the Community Development Resource Agency, Assessors Office, Elections, Facility Services, Public Works, Health and Human Services, and County Executive Office among many other departments.
GIS data can be acquired in a variety of formats:
- Various GIS data/maps available in ESRI shapefile format including parcel data, districts, transportation, land use and zoning information.
Interactive GIS/Parcel Data Search Tool
- Search by Assessors Parcel Number or address and obtain parcel information including zoning, parcel size, aerial photography, etc.
If you want additional information on the parcel's zoning designation, at the top of that web page click on the "County Home Page," under "Departments" choose "Planning." On the left side of the page is a link to the "Zoning Definitions," and the "Placer County Code
" where you can use the SEARCH function to review applicable sections of "Chapter 17 - Zoning" for additional land use information.
County Map Book/Street Atlas
- Download the County Map Book/Street Atlas in PDF format.
- Maps include the County Base Map, Zoning Maps, District Maps (fire, school, etc.), and many others.
Purchase the PDF maps
- Request form to purchase hard copies of maps.
Assessment Inquiry Website - The Assessors Office provides search capabilities and data information from the Placer County Assessment Roll (ownership, assessed values, assessment maps, etc.).
Current Permit Information - Check permit status, permit activity, project descriptions and other permit-related information.
Electronic Document Search - Search for historic documents and permits for parcels in Placer County.
Contact Us (email the GIS Division)
Community Development Resource Agency
3091 County Center Drive
Auburn, CA 95603