Skip to content
King Fire Update: The King fire which started on September 13th in El Dorado County near Pollock Pines, CA, has grown to more than 18,000 acres and has crossed into Placer County on National Forest lands. More »

Contact Placer County

You can find a list of departments/ services and the contact numbers below.

If your life is in danger or you need to report an emergency situation, call 9-1-1.

Emergencies and Crisis Situations

In a crisis, for at-risk children and/or adults in emergencies and crises situations, 24 x 7 response program is available.

  • ACCESS Office: 916-787-8860
  • Adult Protective Services: 916-787-8860
  • Children's Protective Services: 916-787-8860
  • Mental Health Services/Crisis Intervention: 916-787-8860
  • Toll Free: 888-886-5401

Departments Contact List

Contact Customer Service at  or Online for Website suggestions, questions, or problems

County Hotline service during non-business hours

In Auburn Area 530-889-4000
Toll free in Placer County outside Auburn Area 800-488-4308

A county hotline is in place for people who want to report urgent but non-emergency activities after normal county business hours. However if you are calling to report an emergency, please dial 9-1-1 directly.

During normal business hours, the caller may speak directly with a county representative.

With the hotline service, when county offices are closed, callers may select from a number of options to leave a message with a specific department for response or action, such as Animal Services or Public Works. For example, a critical call might be to report suspicious tree removal activity, suspicious grading, a complaint about a swimming pool, illegal dumping of trash, or a traffic signal that isn’t working properly. 

Sign up for County e-News