6050 Library Dr.
(Exit Horseshoe Bar Rd. Library is behind the Veterans' Memorial Hall on Library Drive)
Loomis, CA 95650-0610
Hours for this location
Hours vary during holidays and closures. See Holidays and Closures Schedule .
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: Noon - 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: Noon - 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: Noon - 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Programs & Events
- 5 Internet workstations (with Microsoft Office: Word & Excel)
- WiFi throughout the building
- Ongoing Friends of the Library Used Book Sale
- Community Meeting Room
For more information, see Library Services.
Community Meeting Room
- Room Capacity: Limit 70
- Room Amenities: Large Capacity Coffee Pot, Sink/Hot Water/Paper Towels, Small Refrigerator, Conventional Oven, Microwave Oven, Stovetop, Restrooms, Piano, TV, Wi-Fi, White or Silver Screen, Clock, Flag, Chairs & Tables, Art Exhibits and Displays
- Meeting Room Policy & Reservations
About the Branch
The Loomis Library is a hidden gem behind the Veteran's Memorial Hall. Features include a community room, local history displays, reading areas, and an ongoing book sale. The landscaped grounds offer seating areas and plenty of green grass for relaxing.
Branch Manager: Beth Enright
Loomis Library History
The first account of a library in Loomis is in the Spring of 1910. It is believed that Anna Blemmer and Helen Dearborn established this first lending library which they ran out of the Bluebird Tea Room. All of the books were privately owned and were loaned out to patrons who paid for the books by the day. As time passed and the Loomis community grew, the demand for books increased. The county library in Auburn was contacted to help. In February of 1937, the library branch was opened in the Loomis Post Office with Mrs. Stacker as the first Branch Manager. The Branch was only open 9 hours a week and the pay was $15.00 a month. In 1954, the library moved to the McKellips Building and remained there until 1963. The library continued to grow and the need for a larger building increased. A new building located on Library Drive was dedicated on August 24, 1980. The library is 4488 square feet.
Search the Library Catalog
Find books, audiobooks, eBooks & eAudio, DVDs and more
Access your Account
Renew, place holds, view checkouts