Computer Acceptable Use Policy
Policies For Patron Use of Computer Workstations and Wireless Access (WiFi)
- Computer workstations are available during library open hours. Computers will shut down 5 minutes before closing.
- The user must have a Placer County Library card in good standing.
- There are no age restrictions on the use of computer workstations or the Internet. Parents are responsible for supervising their children's computer use.
- Procedures for reservations and length of usage vary from library to library. Each library posts its own procedures. Generally, workstations can be reserved for one-hour use. If the scheduled user is more than ten minutes late, the workstation will be made available to other users.
- Staff may dedicate some workstations for specific clients (e.g., children)
- Where the computer workstation is appropriately configured users may download saved materials to storage media. Staff is not available to resolve downloading technical issues.
- Printing cost is 15 cents per page.
- Computer workstation use privileges may be revoked if the patron misuses the hardware or software.
- Computer workstation and WiFi users are subject to the Library’s Rules of Conduct regarding their use of computers, including the following:
• Failure to comply with a reasonable staff request
• Any activity that violates Federal, State, or local laws
• Engaging in behaviors or activities that are disruptive to the use of the Library by other customers
Approved by the Placer County Library Advisory Board, March 16, 2011