Support Your Library!
10 Easy Ways to Support the Library
- Join the Friends of the Library. All branch libraries have a Friends group. Friends groups work toward generating community interest in the library's services and facilities.
- Volunteer: Many branch libraries use volunteers for activities such as shelving and cleaning books. Apply to volunteer on Volunteer Match or at a branch convenient to your location.
- Property Tax Supplemental: Residents within the Library's service area can optionally contribute an additional amount to the Library when they pay their property tax.
- Donate Your New or Gently Used Books, DVDs and CDs: The Library reviews donations to find useful items to add to its collection. For materials not needed not needed in the collection many Friends of the Library hold regular book sales to raise funds and help the Library serve the community better.
- Purchase a popular title from the Library's Amazon.com Wish List for the Library and help shorten the waiting list for yourself and others.
- Make a Memorial or Substantial Donation: to celebrate the memory of a loved one, or to honor a friend or relative's birthday, to remember another special occasion or because you have a passion for a particular program or service. Donations to the Placer County Library are tax deductable and can be sent to the Library Administration office or to a specific branch.
- Placer County employees can donate through the annual Combined Giving Campaign.
- Attend an Event: In addition to the Friends of the Library book sales, the Library offers many programs and events for children, teens, and adults. For more information please contact Library Administration at 530-886-4550 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Get a Library Card and use the library! Signing up for a card is a vote for library services!
- Tell a Friend: Share your good library experiences with neighbors, family, and friends.
Search the Catalog