Writers' Critique Group Now Forming!
Learn how a critique group motivates you and improves your writing. Give your input on days and times of ongoing sessions and select a genre to be critiqued. First meeting is Tuesday, May 6, from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m. in the Community Room at the Rocklin Library. For Teens and Adults. For more information, call the Library at : 916-624-3133.
Be a Reading Buddy!
"Reading Buddies" is a new program for both Teenagers and Preschoolers. After a 45 minute training, teens 14-17 are asked to commit one hour a month to read to children at the Rocklin Library.
Interested? Here's how to participate:
- Visit Rocklin Library or call us at 916-624-3133 to register for the Teen Reading Buddies Volunteer Orientation (to be held at the Rocklin Library).
- Attend one of these orientation sessions: Saturday, May 10 or Tuesday May 13 from 3-3:45 p.m in the Rocklin Library Community Room.
- Read to children 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. on a Tuesday.
- View the Reading Buddy Volunteer Orientation flyer here.
Teen Advisory Group (TAG)
Join the Teen Advisory Group at the Rocklin Library... Fill out an application at the Rocklin Library Service Desk on either the 1st or 2nd floor. What does a TAG member do?
- Offer ideas about the look of the Teen Area
- Help select books and media for the library's collection
- Help plan programs and events for teens
- Work with others in a team setting
- Attend and participate in regular meetings of the TAG
- Get community service hours for participation!
For more information call the Rocklin Library at 916-624-3133.
Writing & Reciting: Healing Through Written and Spoken Word
- For Teens and Tweens
- Thursdays, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. at the Auburn Library
- More information
Release Your Inner Blockhead, Join Lego Blockheads!
- Meet with Lego enthusiasts and create your own masterpiece!
- For all ages; Tuesdays 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. at Colfax Library
- For more information call 530-346-8211 or view the Lego Blockheads flyer.
Free Movies at the Library
The Library sponsors Silver Screen Classic Movies film series at the Auburn Library. Silver Screen shows mostly black & white movies on real 16mm projectors. There are three viewings on the monthly movie day, which is usually the first Saturday of the month. Check the Silver Screen website
for updated information.
What Shall I read next?
So you’re on the hunt for your next great read … or you’ve got time to kill … or you’ve got a book report due Monday. Below you’ll find lists of books to help you find your next favorite book!
Teen Book Links
Search the Catalog