Things to Do
Teen Photo Contest(PDF)
Submit 1-2 photos that you have taken. There are no subject restrictions. Email your photos to GBLibraryPhotoContest@gmail.com by June 15th.
Teen Volunteers Needed at the Auburn Library!
Self-motivated and reliable teens, ages 14 - 18, are invited to volunteer to help with the Auburn Library's Summer Reading Program.Download the flyer & application here: Auburn Library Teen Volunteer Flyer and Application(PDF). Volunteers will do a variety of tasks, including:
- Staff our Summer Reading Table
- Distribute materials to children and parents
- Decorate the Teen Area
- Help during program events
- Keep simple records
- Create displays
- Create booklists
Days needed: Monday - Saturday, June 1 - August 3. 2 hour+ shifts available. If interested, please fill out an application and attend a training event. Applications are available at the Auburn Library Service Desk, and on this page. Volunteers must attend one of the training sessions: May 29 OR May 30, 4 - 6:00pm. Please contact the Auburn Library at (530) 886-4520 for more information.
Join the Teen Advisory Group at the Rocklin Library!
Fill out an application at the Rocklin Library Service Desk on either the 1st or 2nd floor. What does a TAG member do?
- Offer ideas about the look of the Teen Area
- Help select books and media for the library's collection
- Help plan programs and events for teens
- Work with others in a team setting
- Attend and participate in regular meetings of the TAG
- Get community service hours for participation!
For more information call the Rocklin Library at (916) 624-3133. See the flyer (PDF).
Writing & Reciting: Healing Through Written and Spoken Word
- For Teens and Tweens
- Thursdays, 4pm - 6pm at the Auburn Library
- More information (PDF)
- Meet with Lego enthusiasts and create your own masterpiece!
- For all ages; Tuesdays 3:00 - 4:00pm at Colfax Library
- For more information call 530-346-8211
The Library sponsors Silver Screen Classic Movies film series at the Auburn Library. Silver Screen is in its 14th year showing mostly black & white movies on real 16mm projectors.There are three viewings on the monthly movie day, which is usually the first Saturday of the month.Check the Silver Screen website
for updated information.
What Shall I read next?
So you’re on the hunt for your next great read … or you’ve got time to kill … or you’ve got a book report due Monday. Below you’ll find lists of books to help you find your next favorite book!
Teen Book Links