Human Services provides a variety of programs to help Placer County families and individuals have a better future through access to healthy nutrition, healthcare, affordable housing, jobs and training and temporary assistance when times are difficult. We are dedicated to ensuring a better and healthy quality of life for the residents of Placer County. We strive to provide the highest quality of public service to meet the needs of Placer County families, single adults, veterans, seniors and persons with disabilities.
Helps pay for health and medical care for children and families, seniors, and adults with disabilities.
If you need information about affordable healthcare click here to go to Covered CA, California’s healthcare marketplace.
Affordable Care Act
- provides affordable medical coverage to adults.
- provides medical, dental, vision and mental health care to eligible individuals and families at little or no cost.
Medical Care Services Program (MCSP)
- provides medical services to adults that are not eligible to services through Medi-Cal or Medicare Expansion.
Food and Nutrition Assistance
CalFresh - Food Stamps
- CalFresh, formerly Food Stamps, increases your food-buying power so you can purchase nutritious food your family needs.
Women, Infants, and Children Program (WIC)
- WIC operates under the Public Health division and is the special supplemental nutrition program for women, infants and children.
Temporary Cash Assistance
For families: CalWORKs and Employment Services, provides time-limited cash aid and employment services that promote self-sufficiency for families with children. Employment Services can assist you in finding work through the Business Advantage Network. Receive daily job leads and information on job fairs and recruiting events.
For single adults or couples with no dependent children: General Relief provides time-limited cash aid for those who do not qualify for other programs.
The Housing Choice Voucher Program, formerly known as the Section 8 Voucher Program, provides rental assistance to help low income families, persons with disabilities, and seniors live in affordable, safe, and decent housing.