The Public and Records Unit
provides a variety of services and information to the community. Our mission is to deliver professional, courteous service and timely accurate information in accordance with record release and privacy laws.
Public and Records Unit Business Hours
- Hours Monday - Friday
- 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Closed weekends and holidays
- Contact 530-889-7812
What does the Public and Records Unit do?
The Public and Records Unit assists citizens in many areas. Citizens can contact us when they need assistance with the following:
- Copies of reports for citizens that were victims or involved parties, insurance companies, attorneys, and other law enforcement agencies.
- Accident reports in the towns of Colfax and Loomis for victims or involved parties, insurance companies, attorneys, and other law enforcement agencies
- Finger printing and live scans for certification, licensing, and employment background checks
- Some county permits and license applications (see Permits/License)
- Registering convicted criminals for specific drug, sex, gang, or arson offenses
Most services require an appointment please call prior to coming to the office.