Important Dates to Remember
- January 1 - Lien date, the date taxable value is established and property taxes become a lien on the property
- July 1 - Beginning of the County's fiscal year
- August 1- Unsecured bills due.
- August 31 - Unsecured deadline. A 10% penalty is added as of 5:00 p.m.¹
- October - Treasurer-Tax Collector mails out original secured property tax bills
- November 1 - First installment is due (Secured Property Tax) and delinquent Unsecured accounts are charged additional penalties of 1½% until paid.
- December 10 - First installment payment deadline. A 10% penalty is added as of 5:00 p.m. ¹
- February 1 - Second installment due (Secured Property Tax)
- April 10 - Second installment payment deadline. A 10% penalty plus $10.00 cost is added as of 5:00 p.m. ¹
- May - Treasurer-Tax Collector mails delinquent notices for any unpaid, regular current taxes
- June 30 - End of fiscal year
- July 1 - Delinquent Secured accounts are transferred to delinquent tax roll and additional penalties added at 1- 1/2%per month on any unpaid tax amounts, plus $15.00 redemption fee
¹ If a deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline is the next business day.