Skip to content
Placer County, CA
Return to Home Placer County
  • Jobs, Benefits, and Business

    Includes veterans' benefits, starting and running a business, unemployment, County job openings, and selling to the County.

  • Law and Justice

    Includes the courts, most wanted, law enforcement, child support enforcement, sealing record, victims' services, and jury duty.

  • Building, Property, and Home

    Includes planning, building codes and permits, owning and renting a property, and property tax assessments.

  • Health and Family Care

    Includes child and adult health service, food stamps, foster care, mental health, in-home nurse, substance abuse, and child support.

  • Birth, Death, and Marriage

    Includes bereavement, certificates and vital records, and divorce.

  • Environment and Agriculture

    Includes air quality and burn days, garbage and recycling, sewer, conservation, and green energy financing.

  • Animal Services

    Includes adopting a pet, animal control, and local vets and shelters.

  • County and Government

    Includes information on the buildings, county, codes, departments, projects, representation, and voting.

  • Community and Recreation

    Includes activities and events, parks, museums, libraries, and volunteerism.

  • Taxes and Financial Reports

    Property taxes, business taxes, transient occupancy taxes, fines, and financial reports.

  • Transportation and Travel

    Includes passports, bus schedules, and road maintenance.

  • Safety and Emergency

    Includes forest fires and floods, emergency preparation, and emergency response.

Housing Choice Voucher Program

Placer County offers two housing programs

Housing Choice Voucher Program

Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCV) - formerly known as the Section 8 Voucher Program, is a rental assistance program to help low and very low-income families, persons with disabilities and seniors so they can live in affordable, safe, and decent housing. This program covers all of Placer County with the exception of the City of Roseville. The City of Roseville has its own Housing Authority which can be accessed at:

HUD-Veteran's Affairs Supportive Housing

Equal Housing OpportunityHUD-Veteran's Affairs Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH)- combines the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) rental assistance with case management and clinical services provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for homeless veterans. The VA provides these services for participating Veterans at VA medical centers (VAMCs) and community-based outreach clinics.

Am I eligible?

In order to qualify for housing assistance benefits, your total household income must not exceed the gross income limit for your family size and you meet other program requirements established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. You can find detailed program information and eligibility requirements in the 2014 Placer County Housing Authority Administrative Plan.

Household Size Yearly Income
1 $24,050
2 $27,500
3 $30,950
4 $34,350
5 $37,100
6 $39,850
7 $42,600
8 $45,350

If you are determined eligible, your name is put on a waiting list. When your name is reached on the waiting list you will be contacted for an interview.

Where Can I Apply?

Currently, the Placer County Housing Choice Voucher Program and the HUD-Veteran’s Affairs Supportive Housing Program waiting lists are closed and we are not accepting applications at this time. Please check back later.

Placer County Housing Authority
Auburn at Placer County Government Center
11552 B Avenue
Auburn, CA 95603

2014 PCHA Administrative and Annual Plans

Utility Allowance

Fair Housing

The California Department of Consumer Affairs publishes a handbook to help you understand your rights as a renter.
California Tenants -A Guide to Residential Tenants’ and Landlords’ Rights and Responsibilities.

Placer County residents that are at risk of becoming homeless, may also contact the following agencies to see if funding is available to assist them:

Salvation Army
100 Lincoln Street
Roseville, CA 95678

St. Vincent de Paul
139 Riverside Ave.
Roseville, CA 95678


Persons who believe they have experienced discrimination in housing rental, sales, or financing because of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, or familial status can contact any of the following:

U.S. Dept. of Housing & Urban Development (HUD)
HUD Contact information
Housing Discrimination Complaints

California Dept. of Fair Employment & Housing
800-700-2320 [TTY]

California Dept. of Consumer Affairs
800-952-5210 or 916-445-0660
Handbook: California Tenants - A Guide to Residential Tenants’ and Landlords’ Rights and

Legal Services of Northern California, Auburn
190 Reamer Street
Auburn, CA 95603
Voice: 530-823-7560
Fax: 530-823-7601

Placer Dispute Resolution Service
P.O. Box 1771
Loomis, CA 95650

Questions, or need more information?
Please send an e-mail to:

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)