Placer County’s Floodplain Management Program, administered through the Department of Public Works, is:
- A community effort of corrective and preventive measures for reducing flood damage to properties.
- Intended to protect public health and safety, reduce damage to buildings and contents, prevent increases in flood damage from new construction, reduce the risk of erosion damage and protect natural and beneficial floodplain functions.
- Administered in accordance with the Federal Emergency Management Agency's policies.
- An opportunity for homeowners, renters, and business owners in our community to purchase federally-backed flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Program. By implementing floodplain management activities, residents of Placer County’s unincorporated areas qualify for a flood insurance premium rate reductions.
I'm Looking for Information on:
- Floodplain Mapping
- Flood Insurance
- Elevation Certificates
- How to prepare for a flood event
- Construction Requirements
- Local Drainage Concerns
- Additional Resources
- California Dept. of Water Resources:
- Federal Emergency Management Agency:
- National Flood Insurance Program
- National Geodetic Survey
How to Contact Us
Placer County Floodplain Management
Mailing Address: 3091 County Center Dr., Auburn, CA 95603
Email: Floodplain Management
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM