- Repairs and maintains 1,155 miles of roadways within unincorporated Placer County from Roseville to Tahoe.
- Provides roadside tree and vegetation control and emergency roadway hazard response.
- Repairs and maintains 125 bridges throughout Placer County.
- Maintains roadway signs, striping, and traffic signals.
- Provides snow removal for 235 miles of roadway in eastern Placer County, including North Lake Tahoe.
- Road Division has 88 employees located in six corporation yards.
- Corporation yards are located in Tahoe (Burton Creek and Cabin Creek), Colfax, Foresthill, Auburn and Lincoln.
Let Us Know
Is My Road County Maintained?
- Not all roads are maintained by Placer County Road Maintenance
- Private roads, state highways and city streets/roads not county maintained
- Contact Placer County Road Maintenance to inquire abou the status of your roadway.
- Most Streetlights are maintained by the local electric utility service provider (PG&E, SMUD, or Liberty Energy.)
- There are two ways to report the streetlight outage:
- Contact the appropriate service provider:
- Report the problem to Public Works:
Need an encroachment Permit?
Minor work in and around county maintained roads requires an encroachment permit
Americans with Disabilities Act Services on County roads
How to Contact Us
Placer County Public Works Road Division
(530) 581-6220 or (530) 745-7565
Mailing Address: 11428 F Ave., Auburn, CA 95603
Email link: Placer County Roads
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM