Placer County Stormwater Quality Program
Placer County is a designated municipal permitee under the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), which regulates stormwater flows into natural water bodies. The NPDES regulations require permitted areas to implement specific activities and actions to eliminate or control stormwater pollution. Under the Phase I NPDES program, Placer County shares a permit with El Dorado County and the City of South Lake Tahoe for the Lake Tahoe watershed area. Under the Phase II NPDES program Placer County is permitted in the western county area (including Foresthill and Colfax) and in the Truckee River Basin.
The goal of the stormwater quality program is:
- To reduce pollutants in stormwater runoff
- Eliminate non-stormwater discharges
- Lessen the long-term impacts of stormwater discharges from development, business and municipal activities.
- Educate the public about stormwater impacts
- Map of NPDES Phase I and Phase II Permit Areas
I'm Looking for Information on:
How to Contact Us
Placer County Stormwater Quality
Mailing address: 3091 County Center Drive, Suite 220, Auburn CA 95603
Email: Storm Water Quality
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Pdf files require the Adobe Acrobat Reader
to view and print