Tahoe Area Regional Transit
- When getting on the bus, please have your monthly pass, ticket or cash fare ready.
- Show your monthly pass to the driver.
- Deposit tickets and cash in the fare box.
- When paying with cash, please have exact change, as drivers cannot make change.
- The seats closest to the front of the bus are reserved for elderly and disabled riders.
- Rider Etiquette:
- Food and drinks are prohibited.
- Smoking is also not allowed on the bus.
- Loud noises, such as music or loud cell phone conversations, are not permitted.
- No pets allowed, except for service animals.
- Carry-on parcels are limited to two per rider.
- Lost and Found:
- If you lose an item, call Placer County Transit at (530) 885-BUSS.
- Give all found items to the driver.
- Use the route map to determine where you are and which route(s) you will need to take to get to your destination.
- Check the time schedule listed, or call TART for help.
- Wait at a TART designated bus stop. Buses stop at TART signs along the road in direction of travel.
- It is recommended that you arrive at your stop a few minutes before the bus is scheduled to leave.
- All TART routes are accessible to passengers using a wheelchair. TART buses are equipped with wheelchair lifts and tie-down devices.
- Before boarding the bus, allow passengers to exit, and permit the driver to assist wheelchair passengers.
- Pay your fare when boarding. Deposit cash, coins, or bus passes in the electronic farebox. You need exact change as drivers cannot make change.
- The seats closest to the front of the bus and near the door are reserved for elderly and disabled riders.
- Transfers between the Mainline and Hwy. 89 Routes occur at the Tahoe City Transit Center.
- When on the bus, signal the driver to stop when you are one or two blocks from your destination. To signal a stop, push the yellow tape between the windows or pull the cord located above the windows.
- If you are unfamiliar with the area, ask the driver for help.
- Remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- All stops are not listed on bus schedules. Call TART for a complete listing.
- Bike racks are available in the summer. There is room for two bikes on the rack on the front of each bus on a first-come, first-served basis. You must be able to load and unload your bike without assistance. TART is not responsible for damage to bicycles.
- Schedules subject to delays due to unforeseen circumstances.
How to Contact Us
(530) 550-1212 or (800) 736-6365
TDD Hearing Impaired: (530) 550-9223
Mailing Address: PO Box 1909 Tahoe City, CA 96145
Email: Tahoe Area Regional Transit
Physical Address: 870 Cabin Creek Road, Truckee, CA 96161
Office Hrs: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM