Children's System of Care
If you require Medical Attention, Law Enforcement or there is a Threat of Suicide, call 911 immediately.
To meet the special needs of children and youth who may be at risk, and their families, Placer County has organized an integrated team offering comprehensive services. Staff from Children's Mental Health, Child Welfare, Probation, Alternative Education, Substance Abuse Services and Public Health comprise the team.
Eligibility for Placer Children's Mental Health services includes full scope Medi-Cal beneficiaries, and CMSP beneficiaries with low or no share of cost. Those who do not meet these eligibility criteria are assessed on an individual basis regarding their need for services.
For questions please contact Family and Children's Services: 916-872-6549 or Toll Free 866-293-1940.
- 24-hour response for minors at risk of abuse or neglect.
- Foster youth educational assistance (Placer County Office of Education).
- Adoptions and Foster Home placement and licensing.
- Child Welfare services
- Placer County Services for Children's and Families Resource Guide
- Citation hearings
- Mental Health assessments and Treatment
- Family counseling
- Behavioral Services
- And a wide variety of other children's and family social services.
- Please visit our "Links and Resources" page for additional information on County and Community services and organizations.
Support Our Youth: What Placer Residents can do to support our Youth
- Be involved in the lives of youth, express compassion and caring for the many challenges they and their families face.
- Provide emotional support to the adult care givers that you are in contact with whether they are parents, grandparents or concerned neighbors as they in turn offer support to the youths in their lives.
- Consider getting involved in the Placer County Mental Health Alcohol and Drug Advisory Board or supporting one or more of the numerous community non-profit organizations providing services to the youth and families of Placer County such as:
- Kids First 530-887-3536 or 916-774-6802
- Lincoln Lighthouse 916-645-3300
- North Tahoe Family Resource Center 530-546-0952
Mental Health Alcohol and Drug Board
- The mission of the Placer County Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Board is to promote citizen and consumer participation in planning, providing and evaluating the mental health systems of care; assist in establishing measurable client and system outcomes; review and make recommendations to the annual performance contract; and advise the Board of Supervisors on issues relevant to the mental health services that are provided to the priority populations of the County.
- Mental Health Alcohol and Drug Board Email: MHADB@placer.ca.gov
To report public assistance fraud, including IHSS fraud, please call 800-889-7610 or 916-784-6180 or send an e-mail to: ReportWelfareFraud@placer.ca.gov