Placer County Children's System of Care Frequently Asked Questions
I know someone who was recently a victim of a violent crime. Where can I get help?
Can I report suspected child abuse and remain anonymous?
- Yes, one may remain anonymous. Please call (866) 293-1940.
- For reporting suspected adult abuse, please call (530) 886-2900.
I am concerned about the welfare and/or health of a child, who do I call?
- Please contact Placer County Family and Children’s Services toll free at (866) 293-1940, or (916) 872-6549.
Can my family and I qualify for County services if we have private insurance?
- One must first exhaust all benefits from private insurance before contacting the county for additional services. Priority for county services are given to those who have Medi-Cal coverage, those who have Healthy Families coverage and who meet Severely Emotionally Disturbed criteria, and those with no other form of insurance.
- County services are designed as “safety net” services for those who do not have access to other resources.
- Please call Family and Children’s Services toll free at (866) 293-1940 or (916) 872-6549 to determine if a youth qualifies for county services, or to receive referrals to community resources.
- One may also contact the school to request assistance for the problems that occur in school if they are interfering with a teenager’s ability to learn.
- Placer County operates a collaborative with Sierra Forever Families, Placer Kids, to recruit, train, and support foster and adoptive families, as well as match children needing a temporary or permanent home with available families.
- An orientation meeting is held every third Thursday of the month at the Placer Kids, 11990 Heritage Oak Place, Suite #3, in Auburn.
- For more information, please contact Donna Aleccia at (530) 887-9982 or toll free at (888) 387-9982.