Skip to content
Placer County, CA
Return to Home Placer County
  • Jobs, Benefits, and Business

    Includes veterans' benefits, starting and running a business, unemployment, County job openings, and selling to the County.

  • Law and Justice

    Includes the courts, most wanted, law enforcement, child support enforcement, sealing record, victims' services, and jury duty.

  • Building, Property, and Home

    Includes planning, building codes and permits, owning and renting a property, and property tax assessments.

  • Health and Family Care

    Includes child and adult health service, food stamps, foster care, mental health, in-home nurse, substance abuse, and child support.

  • Birth, Death, and Marriage

    Includes bereavement, certificates and vital records, and divorce.

  • Environment and Agriculture

    Includes air quality and burn days, garbage and recycling, sewer, conservation, and green energy financing.

  • Animal Services

    Includes adopting a pet, animal control, and local vets and shelters.

  • County and Government

    Includes information on the buildings, county, codes, departments, projects, representation, and voting.

  • Community and Recreation

    Includes activities and events, parks, museums, libraries, and volunteerism.

  • Taxes and Financial Reports

    Property taxes, business taxes, transient occupancy taxes, fines, and financial reports.

  • Transportation and Travel

    Includes passports, bus schedules, and road maintenance.

  • Safety and Emergency

    Includes forest fires and floods, emergency preparation, and emergency response.

Public Pools & Spas

Our Specialists inspect Public Pools and Spas and investigate complaints regarding these facilities. 

If you would like to file a complaint with our office, please refer to the Complaints page

If you would like more information on a particular facility that we inspect, please contact us

If you are planning on opening or remodeling a Public Recreational Water Facility (pool, spa, spray park) please see our Permits, Forms & Fees page for required forms and useful information.

Virginia Graeme Baker Act

The Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Safety Act (VGBA) requires that main drain covers and pool return line covers meet new standards for preventing underwater entrapments or evisceration due to suction.

VGBA Pool & Spa Resources

VGBA Safety Vacuum Release AND Main Drain Cover Replacement Certification - This form must be submitted to Environmental Health to verify compliance of modifications pursuant to the VGBA.
US Consumer Product Safety Commission Website
US Consumer Product Safety Commission Approved Drain Covers - This list is provided as a resource, not a recommendation of any type.

Recreational Water Illness & Injury Prevention Week

The week prior to Memorial Day annually marks Recreational Water Illness and Injury (RWII) Prevention Week. This seasonal event is traditionally the start of the summer swim season.

Below are several resources for the awareness of recreational water illnesses and healthy swimming practices. 

Healthy Swimming Brochure Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Espanol

Fact Sheets on Healthy Swimming & Recreational Water Topics

Before You Go to the Beach Brochure Environmental Protection Agency

12 Steps for Prevention of Recreational Water Illnesses (For Pool Staff) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Additional Resources