The Welcome Center is a fun place where anyone can drop-in to enjoy a safe, warm, friendly atmosphere. Our goal is to increase the development and growth of individuals, to create a positive, supportive environment for participants, and to educate the community about our work in hopes of reducing the stigma surrounding mental illness, substance abuse, and homelessness.+more
We are a consumer-run program that is structured by the needs/wants of the community. The programs available are created by the participants for people to enjoy and learn. The Welcome Center has a job board with employment opportunities and everyone is encouraged to drop in and use this resource. We believe each individual can grow in confidence and ability, can develop healthy relationships, and can discover new abilities and talents. By working together, we benefit each other and the larger community.
Location and Hours of Operation
11522 B Avenue
Auburn, CA 95603
11512 B Avenue
Auburn, CA 95603
Hours of Operation
Mon-Thurs 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Fun Fridays 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
For more information on the Welcome Center, please click on the links below:
Monthly Calendar for Welcome Center
Welcome Center Rules
This is a drug and alcohol free environment.
This is a safe environment.
- No Alcohol/Drugs on the premises
- Do not come to the Welcome Center intoxicated.
- Do not discuss drugs or illegal behaviors
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence will not be allowed in.
We respect each other.
- No raised voices/posturing/physical threats
We respect the Center
- No name calling
- No cussing or racial slurs
- Do not take items that you did not bring in without checking with staff
Take care of your own items. Do not leave food or personal items unattended
- No feet on the furniture (do not lie on couches). Please move for an activity if relaxing.
- One movie on Thursday only
1. The kitchen area is off limits to anyone unless accompanied by staff.
2. We are not able to wash dishes or cups. Use paper goods only.
3. Throw away food not eaten or paper goods used to eat off of.
4. Clean up after yourself
5. Food must be packaged or made specifically for an event. No unpackaged food brought in to share unless we’re having a potluck.
All Policies and Procedures were created and approved by active Welcome Center participants.
If any of these rules are broken, you will be asked to comply or to leave immediately for 1-3 days. Quickly comply with staff requests.
Staff will not be responsible with finding fault. Whoever is involved in breaking the above rules will be asked to leave.
These rules were developed by and for participants of the Welcome Center.