Skip to content
Placer County, CA
Return to Home Placer County
  • Jobs, Benefits, and Business

    Includes veterans' benefits, starting and running a business, unemployment, County job openings, and selling to the County.

  • Law and Justice

    Includes the courts, most wanted, law enforcement, child support enforcement, sealing record, victims' services, and jury duty.

  • Building, Property, and Home

    Includes planning, building codes and permits, owning and renting a property, and property tax assessments.

  • Health and Family Care

    Includes child and adult health service, food stamps, foster care, mental health, in-home nurse, substance abuse, and child support.

  • Birth, Death, and Marriage

    Includes bereavement, certificates and vital records, and divorce.

  • Environment and Agriculture

    Includes air quality and burn days, garbage and recycling, sewer, conservation, and green energy financing.

  • Animal Services

    Includes adopting a pet, animal control, and local vets and shelters.

  • County and Government

    Includes information on the buildings, county, codes, departments, projects, representation, and voting.

  • Community and Recreation

    Includes activities and events, parks, museums, libraries, and volunteerism.

  • Taxes and Financial Reports

    Property taxes, business taxes, transient occupancy taxes, fines, and financial reports.

  • Transportation and Travel

    Includes passports, bus schedules, and road maintenance.

  • Safety and Emergency

    Includes forest fires and floods, emergency preparation, and emergency response.

Disease Reporting for Medical Providers & Laboratories

Diseases that Must Be Reported


Clinicians are legally required to report Title 17 Diseases to the Placer County Health Department.  Latent Tuberculosis Infection (LTBI) in children under 5 years old is also a locally reportable disease and should be reported to the Placer County Health Department.


Laboratories are legally required to report positive testing results from the list of Reportable Laboratory Conditions to the Placer County Health Department.

Instructions on WHEN to report and HOW to report can be found on page 2 in the Reportable Laboratory Conditions list.

Public Health Reporting Numbers:

Weekday Telephone: 530-889-7141
After hours & Weekends Telephone: 530-889-7274
Fax: 530-886-2945

Confidential Morbidity Report Forms

  • CMR-General Form for reporting all conditions except Tuberculosis and conditions reportable to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
  • CMR-TB Form to report Tuberculosis
  • CMR-LOC Form to report Lapses of Consciousness or Control, Alzheimer's Disease or other conditions which may impair the ability to operate a motor vehicle safely (pursuant to H&S103900). Please indicate specific disorder under "Condition being reported"
  • CMR-Animal Patients Form to report communicable diseases for animal patients

Electronic Disease Reporting (CalREDIE)

California Reportable Disease Information Exchange (CalREDIE) allows medical providers to submit CMR Forms electronically through the statewide secure web-based reporting system.  If you are interested in becoming a CalREDIE user, please complete section 1 of the CalREDIE Reporter Account Authorization Form.  The form may be submitted to Placer County Public Health via fax at 530-886-2945.  For further information or to submit form via email, please call 530-889-7141 and ask to speak to the CalREDIE liaison.

Note: Animal Bite Reports cannot be submitted through the CalREDIE system. Animal Bite Reports must be faxed within two hours to 530-886-5515.

Reporting Outbreaks

Outbreaks in congregate settings must be reported to the Health Department immediately.

To Report a Gastrointestinal Outbreak:


Recommendations for the Prevention and Control of Viral Gastroenteritis Outbreaks In California Long-Term Care Facilities

To Report a Respiratory Illness Outbreak:


Recommendations for the Prevention and Control of Influenza in California Long Term Care Facilities, 2008-2009

Reporting Animal Bites

Rabies virus is transmitted through the saliva of a rabid animal when it bites a person or another animal. Any bite from a wild animal or unknown animal should be considered a possible source of rabies.

To Report an Animal Bite:

  • Fill out Animal Bite Report in full detail
  • FAX report to 530-886-5515 within 2 hours to Placer County Animal Services, Attention: Urgent Animal Bite
  • Phone 530-886-5500 for more information

Note: Mailing reports delays mandatory quarantine protocols and can put others at risk of coming in contact with the animal.

Reporting HIV/AIDS


Mailing Instructions for Reporting HIV/AIDS:


  • Double envelope all HIV/AIDS related materials.
  • Outer envelope (e.g. sender or recipient address or label) must have no references to HIV/AIDS.
  • Inner envelope will be marked "Confidential", sealed, and addressed to Candy Jensen (see below).
  • All mail must be sent by traceable courier services only, such as FedEx.
  • Emailing case information containing personal identifiers is strictly prohibited; faxing this information is not recommended.


Mailing Address:
Candy Jensen (Surveillance Coordinator)
11484 B Ave
Auburn, CA 95603
Fax: 530-886-2945

Additional Resources