Skip to content
Placer County, CA
Return to Home Placer County
  • Jobs, Benefits, and Business

    Includes veterans' benefits, starting and running a business, unemployment, County job openings, and selling to the County.

  • Law and Justice

    Includes the courts, most wanted, law enforcement, child support enforcement, sealing record, victims' services, and jury duty.

  • Building, Property, and Home

    Includes planning, building codes and permits, owning and renting a property, and property tax assessments.

  • Health and Family Care

    Includes child and adult health service, food stamps, foster care, mental health, in-home nurse, substance abuse, and child support.

  • Birth, Death, and Marriage

    Includes bereavement, certificates and vital records, and divorce.

  • Environment and Agriculture

    Includes air quality and burn days, garbage and recycling, sewer, conservation, and green energy financing.

  • Animal Services

    Includes adopting a pet, animal control, and local vets and shelters.

  • County and Government

    Includes information on the buildings, county, codes, departments, projects, representation, and voting.

  • Community and Recreation

    Includes activities and events, parks, museums, libraries, and volunteerism.

  • Taxes and Financial Reports

    Property taxes, business taxes, transient occupancy taxes, fines, and financial reports.

  • Transportation and Travel

    Includes passports, bus schedules, and road maintenance.

  • Safety and Emergency

    Includes forest fires and floods, emergency preparation, and emergency response.

Deputy Marriage Commissioner For A Day

The Clerk-Recorder has a program that allows individuals to be deputized for a day to perform a civil (non-religious) wedding ceremony.  All those requesting to be deputized should call our office to schedule an appointment at (530) 886-5610, at least one week in advance.  On the appointment date we will meet with the parties to be married and person wanting to be deputized.  The following information will need to be provided to schedule the appointment:

  • the full name of the person to be deputized
  • the full legal names of the parties to the marriage
  • the telephone number and address to contact each person
  • the date of the wedding
  • the location (City) of the wedding

Individuals are deputized Monday-Friday between the hours of 9:00-11:30 a.m and 2:30-3:30 p.m. by appointment only.

Individuals coming in to be deputized should expect to spend half an hour at the Clerk-Recorder's Office.

Certain criteria must be met in order for us to perform this service and they are as follows:

  • The ceremony must take place in Placer County and be a civil ceremony. 
  • The parties to be married must purchase their marriage license in Placer County.  The issuance of the license will take place on the scheduled appointment date.
  • The ceremony must take place within 90 days of the appointment date.
  • All parties must show a government issued picture ID on the date of the appointment.

The fee for this service is $40.00.  A Public marriage license is $57.00 and a Confidential marriage license is $60.00.

We also have wedding keepsake certificates available for purchase in the amount of $6.44 (this amount includes applicable sales tax).  One will be issued complimentary to the person being deputized.

Also available for purchase including applicable sales tax are: wedding rings, bouquets, boutonnieres, DVD's, photos and keepsakes.