Air Pollution Control
The Air Pollution Control District (APCD) is a special district created by state law to enforce local, state and federal air pollution regulations. Our vision is to achieve and maintain clean air standards throughout Placer County. In April 2000, the Board of Directors adopted the APCD's Mission Statement.
Map to the District's Offices
Burn Day Information Online Complaints Online Payments
News, Events, and Information
The District sponsored, in partnership with the U.C. Berkeley Center for Forestry, a biomass waste for energy demonstration at the Center’s Blodgett Forest Research Station. The project served as a showcase for forestry management issues. The District produced a video documenting the biomass project and workshop issues, observations, and policy recommendations related to California forest management and utilization of forest residue for energy production. The video captures the views of a unique and diverse set of resource professionals, researchers, state/federal agency representatives, utility representatives, and elected officials.
Placer County Air Pollution Control District proposes to amend District Rule 610, Air Toxics “Hot Spots” Fees.
- The District will be conducting a public workshop in advance of a public hearing to discuss the proposed rule Public Notice
Date: Wednesday, September 3, 2014
Time: 10:00 AM
Location: District offices, 110 Maple Street, Auburn, CA.
- Placer County Air Pollution Control District Board of Directors will hold a public hearing to receive comments and consider the adoption of the amended Rule 610, Air Toxics “Hot Spots” Fees.
Date & Time: Thursday, October 9, 2014, at their regular meeting beginning at 2:30 PM,
Location: Placer County Board of Supervisors Chambers,
175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, California.
- All interested parties are advised of the opportunity to comment on the proposed amended rule. The proposed rule and its support document can be viewed at the District’s website at www.placer.ca.gov/apcd. This information will be posted on the website by August 27, 2014.
Written comments should be addressed to:
Thomas J. Christofk
Air Pollution Control Officer
110 Maple Street, Auburn, CA 95603.
For questions, call Mr. John Finnell, Senior Engineer, at 530-745-2324.
- The draft Air Toxics Hot Spots Program Guidance Manual for Preparation of Health Risk Assessments (Guidance Manual) was release June 20, 2014, by Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA). Fact Sheet In conjunction with updating the District Board on the OEHHA changes, District staff presented an overview briefing to the Board on air toxics oon August 14, 2014. Presentation
- The California Air Resources Board (CARB) has released the draft “2014 Annual Monitoring Network Report for Small Districts in California” for a 30-day public inspection period ending on July 27, 2014. This draft Report describes the network of ambient air quality monitors in parts of California including the Placer County. The Report can be reviewed online at http://www.arb.ca.gov/aqd/amnr/amnr.htm.
A limited number of copies of the Report are available at the Visitor Center at the CARB’s headquarters at 1001 I Street, Sacramento.
For any questions or comments you have, please contact Mr. Pheng Lee at (916) 445-6059 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Final Budget FY2014-2015
- Greenwaste and Yardwaste Disposal Options
- 2014 Report on California's Progress Toward Clean Air
- District Dust Compliance and Enforcement Policy for Drought Conditions
- Biomass to Energy - Utilization
- Hearing Board Member Needed: The District is seeking a medical professional to fill a vacancy on the Variance Hearing Board. Announcement for the Air Pollution Control District and Application for Membership on Hearing Board
- Advisory Notice for Gasoline Dispensing Facilities with Aboveground Storage Tanks The Advisory can be found here.
To read a PDF document, you need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader PDF software on your computer. If you don't have it installed, you may download it from the Adobe website. Adobe provides detailed instructions on downloading and installing the free reader.
The District office is located at
110 Maple Street,
Auburn CA 95603
2013 - Building Fact Sheet