Skip to content
Placer County, CA
Return to Home Placer County
  • Jobs, Benefits, and Business

    Includes veterans' benefits, starting and running a business, unemployment, County job openings, and selling to the County.

  • Law and Justice

    Includes the courts, most wanted, law enforcement, child support enforcement, sealing record, victims' services, and jury duty.

  • Building, Property, and Home

    Includes planning, building codes and permits, owning and renting a property, and property tax assessments.

  • Health and Family Care

    Includes child and adult health service, food stamps, foster care, mental health, in-home nurse, substance abuse, and child support.

  • Birth, Death, and Marriage

    Includes bereavement, certificates and vital records, and divorce.

  • Environment and Agriculture

    Includes air quality and burn days, garbage and recycling, sewer, conservation, and green energy financing.

  • Animal Services

    Includes adopting a pet, animal control, and local vets and shelters.

  • County and Government

    Includes information on the buildings, county, codes, departments, projects, representation, and voting.

  • Community and Recreation

    Includes activities and events, parks, museums, libraries, and volunteerism.

  • Taxes and Financial Reports

    Property taxes, business taxes, transient occupancy taxes, fines, and financial reports.

  • Transportation and Travel

    Includes passports, bus schedules, and road maintenance.

  • Safety and Emergency

    Includes forest fires and floods, emergency preparation, and emergency response.

Victim/Witness Assistance

Victim Services offers services to victims and witnesses of all types of crimes. Assistance is provided from the moment the crime occurs for as long as assistance is needed; there is no cutoff for assistance by the program. A Victim Representative will speak with you and determine how we can assist you. Program services are provided free of charge, and there is no legal citizenship requirement to receive assistance. If you have been a victim of a crime and need assistance, you can call 916-543-2505.

Meet with a victim advocate by appointment Monday through Friday 8am - 5pm.

Drop in hours:*
Tuesday 8am - noon
Tuesday 1pm - 5pm
Thursday 8am - noon
Thursday 1pm - 5pm
*Holidays excluded

Victim Services:

  • Crisis intervention
  • Emergency assistance
  • Resource and referral assistance
  • Counseling referrals
  • Property return assistance
  • Orientation to the Criminal Justice System
  • Court escort & court support
  • Court waiting area
  • Case status & case disposition information
  • Notification of family and friends
  • Employer notification
  • Victim of crime claims assistance
  • Funeral/Burial Assistance
  • Creditor Intervention
  • Child care referrals
  • Witness notification
  • Crime prevention information
  • Walk-In Clinic Hours (Placer County Superior Court at the Bill Santucci Justice Center) and Information for TRO Assistance is open:
  • Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and Tuesday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
  • Transportation assistance
  • Restraining Order Assistance (Information & Referral)
  • Factual Innocence Finding Assistance in cases of identity theft
  • Assistance with victim U-Visa referrals in domestic violence and sexual abuse cases
  • Temporary restraining order information
  • For Additional information, see the links below:

    The California Attorney General Victim Services Unit
    The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
    Placer Network of Care

    The Placer County District Attorney Victim Services Center includes a Joint Powers Unit that processes Crime Victims Claims for reimbursement of crime related to out of pocket expenses, to include:

    • Medical/Dental
    • Mental Health Counseling
    • Wage/Income Loss
    • Funeral/Burial
    • Emergency Moving Expenses


    Do you have a claim for monetary damage as a result of a criminal case pending in Placer County?

    If so, call victim services at 916-543-2505.

    Criminal Case Restitution Form

    California Victims of Crime Compensation Fund Form

    Relocation Form ( english ) 

    Relocation Form ( spanish)