Living History Program
2013 Spring Calendar
- printable PDF fileLiving History Teacher's Manual
- printable PDF fileLiving History Parent Guide
- printable PDF file2013 Spring Living History Parent Handout With Training Dates
- printable PDF file
In the spring of 2010, nearly 3,000 county third-graders participated in the Placer County Museums’ Living History Program. As part of the program, students learn:
- How to cook biscuits in a woodstove
- Wash clothes using a washboard, dasher, and a ringer
- Make crafts such as leavings dolls and button spinners
- Make a replica fruit crate
- Clean leather and sew a marble bag
The whole experience lasts about four hours. Students leave with a much better understanding of what life was like over 100 years ago. The Living History Program is designed to meet specific third grade curriculum standards.
For more information or to reserve a date for the Living History Program for your class or school, call 530-889-6506. The cost is $10 per student.