Jonn Melrose, Veterans Service Officer
1000 Sunset Blvd, Ste 115
Rocklin, CA 95765 map
Phone (916) 780-3290
Office Hours: 8 AM to Noon and 1 to 5 PM, Monday through Friday
Follow us on
The Placer County Veterans Service Office was established by the Board of Supervisors of Placer County to assist veterans, their dependents and survivors in obtaining entitlements from federal, state and local agencies administering veterans programs. We are not affiliated with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
We Offer the following Services:
- Comprehensive benefit counseling.
- Claim preparation and assistance.
- Claim follow-up to ensure final decision.
- Initiate & develop appeals when appropriate.
- Network with federal, state and local agencies.
We Can Assist You With:
- Disability Compensation (service connected)
- Re-evaluation Increase
- Dependency Indemnity Compensation (DIC) for surviving spouse and children
- Pension (for war-era veterans)
- Death Pension for surviving spouse and children
- Dependent allowances
- Housebound and A&A allowance
- California Yountville Veterans Home Admissions
- Request and Correction of Military Records
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- VA and Cal-Vet Home Loans
- Education benefits
- Life Insurance
- Burial Benefits
Job services are provided by the California Employment Development Department and are available Monday through Friday. Please call (916) 774-4044 for an appointment.
The mission of the Veterans Service Office is to promote the interests and welfare of veterans and their dependants and survivors, and to enhance their quality of life through counseling, education, claims assistance and advocacy.
This office will provide the leadership necessary to become the center for veterans' claims activities, projects promoting veterans, and advocacy for veterans' rights and entitlements throughout Placer County.