Children's System of Care
If you require Medical Attention, Law Enforcement or there is a Threat of Suicide, call 911 immediately.
To meet the special needs of children and youth who may be at risk, and their families, Placer County has organized an integrated team offering comprehensive services. Staff from Children's Mental Health, Child Welfare, Probation, Alternative Education, Substance Abuse Services and Public Health comprise the team.
Eligibility for Placer Children's Mental Health services includes full scope Medi-Cal beneficiaries, and CMSP beneficiaries with low or no share of cost. Those who do not meet these eligibility criteria are assessed on an individual basis regarding their need for services.
For questions please contact Family and Children's Services: 916-872-6549 or Toll Free 866-293-1940
Kinship Support Services Program
- With support from the Placer County Department of Health and Human Services, Children’s System of Care and the Child Abuse Prevention Council Placer (CAPC) is pleased to announce the Kinship Support Services Program (KSSP). Kinship Support Services are provided at two of CAPC’s community-based Family Resource Centers (FRCs) in Roseville (124 Main Street) and Auburn (11990 Heritage Oaks Place, Suite 1B).
- CAPC’s KSSP services will provide support for grandparents and others raising a relative’s or friend’s child, ages 0-18. KSSP activities include help navigating systems, counseling for adults and children, caregiver coaching, support groups and connections with other kin caregivers, tutoring and age appropriate enrichment, social activities, education and workshops, and information and referral. To contact the Kinship Support Service Program, call 530-887-3536 in Auburn and 916-774-6802 in Roseville and ask for the Kinship Program.
Support Our Youth: What Placer Residents can do to support our Youth
- Be involved in the lives of youth, express compassion and caring for the many challenges they and their families face.
- Provide emotional support to the adult care givers that you are in contact with whether they are parents, grandparents or concerned neighbors as they in turn offer support to the youths in their lives.
- Consider getting involved in supporting one or more of the numerous community non-profit organizations providing services to the youth and families of Placer County such as:
- Kids First 530-887-3536 or 916-774-6802
- Lincoln Lighthouse 916-645-3300 North Tahoe Family Resource Center 530-546-0952
Mental Health Alcohol and Drug Board
- The mission of the Placer County Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Board is to promote citizen and consumer participation in planning, providing and evaluating the mental health systems of care; assist in establishing measurable client and system outcomes; review and make recommendations to the annual performance contract; and advise the Board of Supervisors on issues relevant to the mental health services that are provided to the priority populations of the County.
- (Mental Health Alcohol and Drug Board) Email: MHADB@placer.ca.gov
To report public assistance fraud, including IHSS fraud, please call 800-889-7610 or 916-784-6180 or send an e-mail to: ReportWelfareFraud@placer.ca.gov