Skip to content
Placer County, CA
Return to Home Placer County
  • Jobs, Benefits, and Business

    Includes veterans' benefits, starting and running a business, unemployment, County job openings, and selling to the County.

  • Law and Justice

    Includes the courts, most wanted, law enforcement, child support enforcement, sealing record, victims' services, and jury duty.

  • Building, Property, and Home

    Includes planning, building codes and permits, owning and renting a property, and property tax assessments.

  • Health and Family Care

    Includes child and adult health service, food stamps, foster care, mental health, in-home nurse, substance abuse, and child support.

  • Birth, Death, and Marriage

    Includes bereavement, certificates and vital records, and divorce.

  • Environment and Agriculture

    Includes air quality and burn days, garbage and recycling, sewer, conservation, and green energy financing.

  • Animal Services

    Includes adopting a pet, animal control, and local vets and shelters.

  • County and Government

    Includes information on the buildings, county, codes, departments, projects, representation, and voting.

  • Community and Recreation

    Includes activities and events, parks, museums, libraries, and volunteerism.

  • Taxes and Financial Reports

    Property taxes, business taxes, transient occupancy taxes, fines, and financial reports.

  • Transportation and Travel

    Includes passports, bus schedules, and road maintenance.

  • Safety and Emergency

    Includes forest fires and floods, emergency preparation, and emergency response.

Tattoos & Body Art

We permit and inspect all body art facilities in the county, and require Body Art Practitioner registration.  

Registered Body Art Practitioners

If you would like to become a permitted practitioner, you must meet the following requirements:

  1. You must be 18 years of age.
  2. You must have completed a Cal/OSHA compliant Bloodborne Pathogen Training course.
  3. You must submit an application to Environmental Health.

Opening a Body Art Facility

Prior to opening or obtaining a permit through Environmental Health, you will need to contact your local city (or county if located in an unincorporated area) for:

Once all of the above is completed, you will need to submit to Plan Check with Environmental Health.  The specialist assigned to your project will review your plans and make any notes or conditional requirements to make sure your facility is up to current codes.  After your plans have been approved you may begin construction.  

Once construction is complete and you have had your final inspection, you will need to submit a completed Health Permit Application prior to opening.

Temporary Events

If you plan on organizing a Tattoo or Body Art Event you must start by submitting to Environmental Health an Event Coordinator Packet.

It is the event coordinators responsibility to acquire a completed Practitioner Notification Form from each booth, and Proof of Registration from every artist slated to attend the event.

All documentation and required fees shall be submitted to Environmental Health no less than 60 days prior to the event.  Late applications will be subject to penalty fees.

Illegal Tattooing

It is illegal to perform tattoo or body art services outside of permitted facilities or without registration with the county.  If you know of someone that is offering illegal services out of their home, garage, or other location, please submit a complaint to our office.