Code Compliance Services enforces regulations related to a variety of land use issues and provides assistance to other County departments as needed.
Code Violation Complaints
Please visit our Placer County Connect page to report a code violation online anytime.
- OR -
During Business Hours - To report a code violation during business hours, complete, sign, and deliver the Complaint Form by US Mail, email attachment to email@example.com, FAX (530-745-3059), or visiting our DeWitt office.
Weekends and After Hours:
- Complaints generated by events, beer and wine tastings, or public parties, contact the weekend compliance program hotline at 530-401-8229
- Noise complaints from private parties, motorcycle tracks, loud occupant music, and similar issues, contact the Sheriff's Office at 530-886-5375
- Other complaints, please refer to "During Business Hours" process above.
Programs We Offer Include:
- Code compliance
- Private property vehicle abatement
- Vehicle, waste, tires, mobile home removal and oil recyclers referral list
- Placer Dispute Resolution Services
- CalFire Weed Abatement Program on developed parcels
- Dangerous buildings
Lookup Permits and Land Information System
Services and Information
- Code Compliance Ordinance
Ensure compliance with County Code, nuisance abatement, administer citations
- Zoning Ordinance
Uses allowed in each zoning district, building height, setbacks, coverage
- Specific Use Requirements
Abandoned vehicles, accessory storage, trailers as residences, home business, animal raising, fencing
- Building Code or Permit Violations
Illegal secondary dwellings, pool enclosures, construction or change of occupancy without a permit
- Noise Ordinance
Preventing excessive and offensive noise in cooperation with the Sheriff Office
- Storm Water Quality Program
Enhance and protect the quality of waters by reducing pollutants in storm water discharges
- Grading and Erosion Prevention Ordinance
Grading, erosion, sediment control, water obstruction
- Code Compliance Resource Guide
Click link for information regarding a variety of public assistance programs and providers.
3091 County Center Drive, Ste 160
Auburn, CA 95603
Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (except for After Hours Event Program)