Sandbags Available to Tahoe Residents
February 27, 2006
Sand and Sandbags Available to Tahoe Residents
Placer County, North Lake Tahoe, Squaw Valley and Northstar fire districts are making sand and sandbags available to North Lake Tahoe residents. Providing sand and sandbags is a precautionary measure. The Tahoe area is experiencing a wet storm, with rain falling in the Tahoe Basin.
Bags and sand are available at:
• North Tahoe Fire Protection District Station 52 288 North Lake Blvd., Kings Beach, Calif. (at the junction of Highways 267 and 28)
• Placer County Department of Public Works 2501 North Lake Blvd. Burton Creek Facility Tahoe City, Calif. (behind the Sheriff’s station, at the top of the driveway)
• Homewood Fire Station 4225 West Lake Blvd. Homewood, Calif. (behind the station)
• Lake Tahoe Board of Realtors 1810 Squaw Valley Road Squaw Valley, Calif.
• Northstar At Tahoe Northstar Community Services District Corp. Yard 50 Trimont Lane Truckee, Calif.
Those who wish to pick up sand and bags need to bring their own shovel. For further information, please contact your local fire station. Additional, up-to-date information will be posted on the Placer County website: www.placer.ca.gov