Update On Damage To Foresthill Road
• Excess water, saturated soil and a resulting slide have damaged a stretch of
Foresthill Road east
of Drivers Flat Road. There are also significant cracks in the pavement about 1,000 feet from the slide area.
• One lane remains open to traffic in both directions. To help preserve two-way traffic, the Public Works Department has built a temporary lane on the westbound side of the roadway, opposite the damaged area. This temporary lane is not currently open, but is available if the road deteriorates further.
• Motorists need to use extra caution when driving on the damaged stretch of
, because of lane restrictions and the presence of road crews working to repair the roadway. Some lane restrictions will likely remain in effect until permanent repairs are completed.
• Permanent repairs will take months to complete, and cannot begin until conditions dry out.
• Foresthill residents are asked to make sure they have adequate emergency supplies in stock. With fire season just around the corner, this is a good time to review individual and family preparedness.
For a recorded message with updates on roadway conditions and the status of
repair work, call 530-745-3500.
-Placer County Public Works Department and Office of Emergency Services