The Placer County Board of Supervisors will hold its first workshop regarding the proposed Placer Vineyards Specific Plan on Tuesday, June 12, at 10:30 a.m. A second workshop will be held June 26, also at 10:30 a.m.
The workshops will be held to acquaint Board members and the public with the project being proposed. The public will have an opportunity to comment at each meeting. No formal action will be taken at either workshop regarding the project application. Both meetings will take place in board chambers at the Placer County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenuein Auburn.
Placer Vineyards is a proposal for a mixed-use community including residential, retail commercial and other uses, as well as public facilities such as parks, schools, and open space. At project build out, in 20 to 30 years, population of Placer Vineyards will be approximately 32,800 persons. As proposed by the applicant and recommended by the Planning Commission, Placer Vineyards will include a maximum of:
- 14,132 residential units, including;
- 3,519 units low-density residential lots (an average density of 3.5 units per acre)
- 6,474 medium-density lots (an average density of 5.5 units per acre);
- 3,092 units high-density lots (an average density of 15 units per acre);
- 636 units commercial-mixed use (residential units averaging 12.5 per acre); and
- 411 rural residential units.
- 274 acres of commercial area;
- 1,561 acres of public/quasi-public uses (including public service facilities, religious facilities, schools, and major roadways. This also includes 211 acres of parks and 709 acres of open space).
If approved, the Placer Vineyards project would be built at the southwest corner of Placer County, generally bounded by Baseline Roadon the north, the Sacramento Countyborder on the south, the Sutter Countyborder on the west and Walerga Roadand Dry Creek on the east. The proposed project includes approximately 5,230 acres (about eight square miles) and stretches about six miles from east to west.
Tuesday’s workshop will focus primarily on the project history, requested entitlements, land use planning and infrastructure, and traffic. The June 26 workshop is also scheduled for 10:30 a.m., and will focus on the environmental impact report, finance plan, services plan and development agreement. Board members are expected to consider approval of the project in July.
In 1994, the Board of Supervisors adopted the Placer County General Plan, including the establishment of a specific plan area for West Placer (now known as the Placer Vineyards Specific Plan area) which allowed for the development of up to 14,132 residential units and a variety of commercial and industrial land uses.
The staff report regarding the Board’s workshop will become available online by Friday, June 8, 2007, at 5 p.m. on the countyweb sitewww.placer.ca.gov. It can be located by visiting the Board of Supervisors’ agenda page for June 12.