Skip to content
Placer County, CA
Return to Home Placer County
  • Jobs, Benefits, and Business

    Includes veterans' benefits, starting and running a business, unemployment, County job openings, and selling to the County.

  • Law and Justice

    Includes the courts, most wanted, law enforcement, child support enforcement, sealing record, victims' services, and jury duty.

  • Building, Property, and Home

    Includes planning, building codes and permits, owning and renting a property, and property tax assessments.

  • Health and Family Care

    Includes child and adult health service, food stamps, foster care, mental health, in-home nurse, substance abuse, and child support.

  • Birth, Death, and Marriage

    Includes bereavement, certificates and vital records, and divorce.

  • Environment and Agriculture

    Includes air quality and burn days, garbage and recycling, sewer, conservation, and green energy financing.

  • Animal Services

    Includes adopting a pet, animal control, and local vets and shelters.

  • County and Government

    Includes information on the buildings, county, codes, departments, projects, representation, and voting.

  • Community and Recreation

    Includes activities and events, parks, museums, libraries, and volunteerism.

  • Taxes and Financial Reports

    Property taxes, business taxes, transient occupancy taxes, fines, and financial reports.

  • Transportation and Travel

    Includes passports, bus schedules, and road maintenance.

  • Safety and Emergency

    Includes forest fires and floods, emergency preparation, and emergency response.

Community Events

Community Events (also called Temporary Events) can vary from small events with few low-risk facilities and consumers, to large-scale events containing many potentially hazardous food preparation facilities with thousands of consumers. These events may include Temporary Food Facilities (TFF's) within the event in addition to separately permitted Food Trucks (Mobile Food Facilities).

Temporary Event Coordinators

Event Coordinators are required to submit an Event Coordinator Application Packet for their event no later than two weeks prior to the event date. Along with the Application, please submit the following:

  • Site Map
  • List of TFF Food Vendors (include Names and Permit Numbers)
  • List of Mobile Food Facilities (include Names and Permit Numbers)
  • Fee - There is a flat fee of $344

Please see our lists of currently permitted Temporary Event Food Vendors (updated 08/08/14) and Mobile Food Facilities (updated 08/08/14).

Temporary Event Food Vendors

TFF's must have a valid Placer County Health Permit. Submit a Food Vendor Application Packet with the applicable fee:

  • Single Event - $86
  • Annual - $172

Caterers and permanent food facilities with a current Placer County Health Permit are eligible for a fee reduction.  Non-Profit vendors may apply for a fee reduction by attaching their 501c3 paperwork with the application.  Veterans may also apply for a fee reduction by attaching their honorable discharge DD214 form with the application.

After applications are processed, Environmental Health will issue a Health Permit. Submit the permit (PR) number to the Temporary Event Coordinator for your spot at their event.

For more information, please review our Temporary Food Facilities FAQ's

Contact Us

To speak with a Specialist regarding the process, please contact us.

  • Auburn Office: Susan Leland 530-745-2308
  • Tahoe Office: Vickie Sandoval 530-581-6248

Additional Resources