Placer County Health and Human Services Announces That Only Two Flu Vaccine Clinics Remain
October 22, 2010
With an ample supply of vaccine available, Placer County Health and Human Services is reminding area residents that there are two remaining vaccination clinics in Placer County, one in Lincoln and one in Roseville.
While everyone should get a flu vaccine each flu season, it is especially important that the following groups get vaccinated either because they are at high risk of having serious flu-related complications or because they live with or care for people at high risk for developing flu-related complications:
- Pregnant women or those considering becoming pregnant
- Children younger than 5 years of age
- People 50 years of age and older
- People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions, such as lung or heart disease, diabetes, kidney disease, or immunosuppressive conditions
- People who live in nursing homes or other group home settings
- People who live with or care for those listed above that are at high risk for complications from flu, including:
- Health care workers
- Household contacts of persons at high risk for complications from the flu
- Household contacts and any caregivers of children less than 5 years of age
Children younger than nine years of age getting a flu vaccine for the first time will need two doses of flu vaccine, at least four weeks apart. The vaccine cannot be given to infants under 6 months of age.
New this year, Placer County has Pneumovax (Pneumoccal vaccine) and Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis vaccine for those 7 years of age and older) available at these clinics.
Flu shots - $20
There is no charge to Medicare members with Part B and who are not enrolled in an HMO plan. Please bring your Medicare card with you.
Pneumovax (Pneumococcal vaccine) - $20
There is no charge to Medicare members with Part B and who are not enrolled in an HMO plan.
Please bring your Medicare card with you.
Tdap (Adult Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis) - $16
Upcoming clinics will be held:
Lincoln Mc Bean Park Pavilion LINCOLN
65 Mc Bean Drive October 28 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Lincoln, CA 95648 Thursday
Maidu Community Center ROSEVILLE
1550 Maidu Drive November 4 9:00 a.m. – 12 noon
Roseville, CA 95661 Thursday
Residents can also call the County’s flu hotline (530-889-7161) for schedule information.
In addition, residents can obtain vaccinations at Placer County’s Medical Clinics. For information about the clinics, and when they schedule vaccinations, please visit the clinic website: http://www.placer.ca.gov/Departments/hhs/community_clinic/Immunization%20Clinics.aspx