The Placer County Board of Supervisors meets three times each year in the Lake Tahoe area. On Mon., April 23 and Tues., April 24, the Board will hold its regularly scheduled meetings in Kings Beach.
Items on the agenda that the Board will address include:
Consider approval of an amendment to an agreement between the county and Tahoe Truckee Disposal Co. (TTD), and Placer County Eastern Regional Sanitary Landfill, Inc (ERL). The amendment will ask to increase the processing fees that are paid the ERL, without an increase in garbage and tipping fees that are collected from customers. Garbage collection fees in the area have the following components:
- Service: This fee is charged by TTD for collecting and transporting garbage to the Eastern Regional Material Recovery Facility, where recyclables are removed. TTD has agreed to defer increases for fiscal year 2012-13 to the following two years;
- Disposal: This is the cost to TTD for dumping garbage at the Eastern Facility. No changes in fees to customers are proposed; and
- Special Fee: This portion of the fee funds the county’s solid waste management program which includes monitoring and managing the county’s closed landfill sites, outreach and education programs and oversight of garbage collection services.
In other business, the Board will consider:
- On Monday, the Community Development Resource Agency will present the Board with an update on the status of the Placer County Biomass Program and Cabin Creek Biomass Facility Project. The County is proposing a small biomass facility on county-owned land at the Cabin Creek site off Highway 89 near the Placer/Nevada county line. Staff will make a short presentation on the status of that project and the overall program;
- A request by Public Works staff to approve purchase agreements for two parcels of land as part of the Kings Beach Commercial Core Improvement Project. Staff is also asking for approval of documents on relocation and lease back provision of the sale. The present owners have agreed to sell the two pieces of property, which will be used for parking lots, for the appraised value of $750,000. Off-street parking lots will be constructed to mitigate the loss parking associated with the project;
- The Department of Facility Services will ask the Board on Tuesday for the authority to proceed with a procurement bid for supplemental custodial services in the Lake Tahoe area for county-occupied buildings; and
- Conducting a hearing to consider an appeal on behalf of the Falcon Lodge of an Administrative Services’ decision on the amount of Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) to be assessed against the Lodge and its principals.
The Board of Supervisors meetings will be held at the North Tahoe Events Center, 8318 North Lake Blvd., Kings Beach. Monday’s meeting will begin at 2 p.m. and Tuesday’s meeting is scheduled to start at 9 a.m.
The complete agenda is available by clicking on this link: AGENDA