Opportunities At Auburn Airport, Business Park To Be Focus Of Oct. 12 Event
August 17, 2012
Business opportunities at the Auburn Municipal Airport and its industrial park will be the focus of a conference to be held in Auburn on Friday, Oct. 12.
“Soaring High on Auburn Industry 2012” will take place from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the airport, 13626 New Airport Road in Auburn.
The event will be hosted by Placer County, the City of Auburn and Auburn Area Chamber of Commerce.
- The schedule includes:
8 a.m. – Registration and a deluxe continental breakfast at Ceronix, 13350 New Airport Road;
- 8:30 a.m. – Welcoming remarks by Placer County Board of Supervisors Chairwoman Jennifer Montgomery, Auburn Mayor Kevin Hanley and Chamber President Richard Hall;
- 9 a.m. – An airport tour and executive briefings by several business leaders;
- Noon – A VIP luncheon and expo at The Ridge Golf Course and Events Center, 2020 Golf Course Road, with a keynote address by financial advisor and business reporter Kelly Brothers and remarks by Barbara Hayes, president and chief executive officer of the Sacramento Area Commerce and Trade Organization.
At 2 p.m., participants will have several options, including nine holes of golf at The Ridge, wine tasting at five wineries on Auburn’s wine trail or shopping in historic Auburn.
Executive briefings are scheduled to be given by:
- Don Whitaker, CEO of Ceronix;
- Douglas Van Howd, a world-renowned sculptor and painter;
- Art Armstrong Jr., vice president of Armstrong Technology Inc.;
- Robb Moore, CEO of ioSafe; and
- Tom Dwelle, CEO of Flyers Energy
In the briefings, they will discuss such topics as why they located in Auburn and what it is like to do business in the community.
Early-bird registrants will have opportunities for 45-minute aerial tours of Auburn. To qualify as an early bird, a participant must register by Oct. 1.
Early-bird tickets cost $85 and the cost after Oct. 1 is $99.
For reservations or more information, contact the Auburn Chamber at 530-885-5616. Registrations also are accepted online at www.auburnchamber.net and may be faxed to 530-885-5854.