The Placer County Local Agency Formation Commission is soliciting bids for preparation of a Municipal Service Review for 17 special districts that serve the North Lake Tahoe and Martis Valley areas of eastern Placer County.
The Municipal Service Review (MSR) will:
• Provide data needed to promote orderly growth and development by considering service issues, costs and practices that affect housing, water supplies, open space and important agricultural lands;
• Provide information to support LAFCO actions such as Sphere of Influence determinations;
• Identify service issues and providers and update service provider records;
• Initiate dialogues among service providers with the objectives of avoiding unnecessary costs, excess construction and waste, as well as improving services and planning for necessary infrastructure; and
• Identify appropriate government structure changes that could benefit service users.
All of California’s 58 counties have LAFCOs, which are state-created governing bodies best known for their roles in approving or denying boundary changes requested by other public agencies or individuals and in determining the spheres of influence of cities and special districts. Their goals include encouraging the orderly formation of local governmental agencies, preserving agricultural land and discouraging urban sprawl.
A previous MSR was prepared for the North Lake Tahoe and Martis Valley areas of Placer County and approved by the local LAFCO in 2004.
Consultants interested in responding to LAFCO’s Request for Proposals for the new MSR can review the complete RFP online at http://www.placer.ca.gov/Departments/lafco.aspx or at www.calafco.org.
Copies of the RFP also may be obtained by contacting LAFCO at 530-889-4097 or sending an e-mail to Executive Officer Kris Berry at email@example.com.
All proposals must be submitted to the Placer County LAFCO by 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 22. The mailing address is 145 Fulweiler Ave., Suite 110, Auburn, CA 95603.