Adult System of Care
Assist adults and older adults achieve their optimal level of self-sufficiency and independence by providing mental health services, substance abuse treatment, and in-home supportive services. Older and dependent adults are protected through investigations, case management, and the conservatorship process as necessary.
Psychiatric Emergency: If you or someone you know is experiencing a Psychiatric Emergency, please call 911 and request an emergency welfare check or go to a local emergency room.
Emergency Services in Placer County
Adult Crisis & Intake: 8
Child & Family Crisis & Intake:
Substance Abuse Treatment:
Please click on the links below for detailed information about each service.
- Adult System of Care Services
- Mental Health Services - Assessment, brief therapy, case management, medication support, crisis, hospital, residential, and support services
- Substance Use Services - Education and treatment for substance abuse
- Perinatal Substance Use Services - Services for mothers and mothers-to-be who want a clean and sober life
- Adult Protective Services - Investigation and response for the neglect and abuse of the elderly and disabled
- In-Home Supportive Services - Assistance to the elderly or disabled with activities designed to keep individuals in their homes
- Public Authority - Provider registry for IHSS
- Public Administrator - Investigates and may administer the estates of Placer County residents who pass away without a will or any known relatives able or willing to act on the decedent's behalf
- Public Guardian - Provides protection, placement, and estate management for those under county guardianship
- Senior Peer Counseling - Peer counseling to support the wellness and self-sufficiency of residents aged 55 and older
- Housing Program - Offers assistance to homeless adults with mental illness and other disabilities to find permanent and transitional housing in Placer County.
- Older Adult Advisory Committee - Provides a voice for older adults in county government and advises on matters relating to the creation and delivery of services that improve the quality of life for Placer County's older adults
- Welcome Center - Help individuals find resources and support services
- Campaign for Community Wellness (Mental Health Services Act) - Working to transform mental health services delivery in Placer County through community-based, recovery focused, innovative approaches
Maureen Bauman, L.C.S.W., M.P.A.
Client Services Director
Phone: 530-889-7240 Fax: 530-889-7275
To report public assistance fraud, including IHSS, please call 916-784-6180 or 800-889-7610