Skip to content
Placer County, CA
Return to Home Placer County
  • Jobs, Benefits, and Business

    Includes veterans' benefits, starting and running a business, unemployment, County job openings, and selling to the County.

  • Law and Justice

    Includes the courts, most wanted, law enforcement, child support enforcement, sealing record, victims' services, and jury duty.

  • Building, Property, and Home

    Includes planning, building codes and permits, owning and renting a property, and property tax assessments.

  • Health and Family Care

    Includes child and adult health service, food stamps, foster care, mental health, in-home nurse, substance abuse, and child support.

  • Birth, Death, and Marriage

    Includes bereavement, certificates and vital records, and divorce.

  • Environment and Agriculture

    Includes air quality and burn days, garbage and recycling, sewer, conservation, and green energy financing.

  • Animal Services

    Includes adopting a pet, animal control, and local vets and shelters.

  • County and Government

    Includes information on the buildings, county, codes, departments, projects, representation, and voting.

  • Community and Recreation

    Includes activities and events, parks, museums, libraries, and volunteerism.

  • Taxes and Financial Reports

    Property taxes, business taxes, transient occupancy taxes, fines, and financial reports.

  • Transportation and Travel

    Includes passports, bus schedules, and road maintenance.

  • Safety and Emergency

    Includes forest fires and floods, emergency preparation, and emergency response.

Getting Involved in County Government

Local government is close to the people it serves, and it works best when you become involved at the local level. One of the best ways to do this is to learn about your local Municipal Advisory Council. A MAC is a great way to learn about local projects and events. It's also a good place to address and resolve local issues of concern.

Municipal Advisory Councils meet regularly in many areas of unincorporated Placer County to discuss local land use, law enforcement and other community issues, and to make recommendations to the Board of Supervisors and other County agencies.

  • MAC Handbook - for more detailed information on MACs and how they operate, read the MAC Handbook.
  • Individual MACs - for more information on individual MACs, visit their individual Web pages.
  • Send an email - if you have a question about MACs, send an email message to the Board.

Not all areas in the county lie within a MAC's boundaries. If you live in an area without a MAC, please work directly with your District Supervisor, and the Board staff, to resolve problems and address concerns. (Of course, even if you live in an area with a MAC, you're welcome to contact your District Supervisor directly.)

You are always welcome to attend MAC meetings, to learn what's happening in your community and to give your views to the MAC and, through them, to the Board.

Attend Board and Planning Commission Meetings

  • For a complete list of scheduled Board meetings, call the Clerk of the Board, 530-889-4020 or visit the Board of Supervisors Meeting Calendar.
  • For a complete list of scheduled Planning Commission meetings, call the Planning Department, 530-745-3000 or visit the Planning Commission Agenda page for current agendas. 
  • To receive a faxed copy of the Board of Supervisors agenda, call 530-889-6800 and follow the instructions.
  • To see the Board agenda and summary agenda on the Web, visit the Board's page.

You may speak on any item NOT on the Board's or the Commission's agenda during the Public Comment portion of their meetings, which occur within the first few minutes of each meeting. You may also comment on many other items of business on the agenda.

Write, fax, e-mail, visit or phone your Supervisor to provide information and learn what's happening.

Write or Visit:    Board of Supervisors
                          175 Fulweiler Ave.
                          Auburn, CA  95603

FAX:                  530-889-4009

Phone:              530-889-4010

Email:               Send the Board E-mail